1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Voice Issues

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by wrwarwick, Jul 26, 2010.

1. wrwarwick

wrwarwick New Member

I recently updated the Google Voice application about a week ago and it seems to have broken the app. When I reboot my phone I get a few force closes with the app and in my app drawer instead of an icon with Voice it says Compose and when I click it it force closes. I have tried to uninstall the app via the market and the settings menu on my phone and the uninstall option is greyed out. Is there a way where I can force uninstall the application?

Also, I am wondering if this is related to the Darkedge theme I am currently running, because of the App-to-System tool that it uses.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
  2. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

did you update the app and then re-themed GV? each time the app updates the developers has to update the theme for it to work.

sounds like you have GV installed as a system app, thats why the uninstall buttion is greyed out in the market. try removing GV with root explorer and go to /system/app

3. wrwarwick

wrwarwick New Member

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that the devs had to update the theme after an update. I was able to remove it and get it reinstalled.