Google Voice Issues

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by wrwarwick, Jul 26, 2010.

1. wrwarwick

wrwarwick New Member

I recently updated the Google Voice application about a week ago and it seems to have broken the app. When I reboot my phone I get a few force closes with the app and in my app drawer instead of an icon with Voice it says Compose and when I click it it force closes. I have tried to uninstall the app via the market and the settings menu on my phone and the uninstall option is greyed out. Is there a way where I can force uninstall the application?

Also, I am wondering if this is related to the Darkedge theme I am currently running, because of the App-to-System tool that it uses.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
  2. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

did you update the app and then re-themed GV? each time the app updates the developers has to update the theme for it to work.

sounds like you have GV installed as a system app, thats why the uninstall buttion is greyed out in the market. try removing GV with root explorer and go to /system/app

3. wrwarwick

wrwarwick New Member

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that the devs had to update the theme after an update. I was able to remove it and get it reinstalled.