Google Voice Issues

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Anyone have the issue that when deleting a voicemail on your phone from Google Voice, the phone goes into the Call settings screen and just hangs and shows Reading settings...

Thanks so much!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the issue that when deleting a voicemail on your phone from Google Voice, the phone goes into the Call settings screen and just hangs and shows Reading settings...

Thanks so much!!

Just an FYI a new version was released yesterday. If you haven't already don't forget to update GV.

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Yes I updated...looks like it was still hanging from when I set it up to be my voicemail...a restart fixed the problem. I thought I had already done that...guess not, thanks!

wrwarwick

Reaction score
I recently updated the Google Voice application about a week ago and it seems to have broken the app. When I reboot my phone I get a few force closes with the app and in my app drawer instead of an icon with Voice it says Compose and when I click it it force closes. I have tried to uninstall the app via the market and the settings menu on my phone and the uninstall option is greyed out. Is there a way where I can force uninstall the application?

Also, I am wondering if this is related to the Darkedge theme I am currently running, because of the App-to-System tool that it uses.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

chewy74

Reaction score
did you update the app and then re-themed GV? each time the app updates the developers has to update the theme for it to work.

sounds like you have GV installed as a system app, thats why the uninstall buttion is greyed out in the market. try removing GV with root explorer and go to /system/app

I recently updated the Google Voice application about a week ago and it seems to have broken the app. When I reboot my phone I get a few force closes with the app and in my app drawer instead of an icon with Voice it says Compose and when I click it it force closes. I have tried to uninstall the app via the market and the settings menu on my phone and the uninstall option is greyed out. Is there a way where I can force uninstall the application?

Also, I am wondering if this is related to the Darkedge theme I am currently running, because of the App-to-System tool that it uses.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

wrwarwick

Reaction score
did you update the app and then re-themed GV? each time the app updates the developers has to update the theme for it to work.

sounds like you have GV installed as a system app, thats why the uninstall buttion is greyed out in the market. try removing GV with root explorer and go to /system/app

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that the devs had to update the theme after an update. I was able to remove it and get it reinstalled.