Google voice issues on pixel

mach330

Reaction score
So since getting my phone I completely forgot about google voice. I can't seem to get SMS or even voicemail on my google voice. I uninstalled and reinstalled google voice to make sure it uses my phone carrier number and not my google voice. As well as use the google voice app instead of carrier voicemail . I'm on vzw and I keep getting voicemail notification (and it's growing cuz I keep trying it out). Lol. Still no txt msgs or can I see the voicemail notification on hangouts. Anyone else have issues ? I've pretty much checked every setting I can think of. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You've done these steps?

fac07f24ea30844ba29c7a9e9f76a217.jpg

OP
mach330

mach330

Reaction score
You've done these steps?

fac07f24ea30844ba29c7a9e9f76a217.jpg
Thx. I checked online and my phone number (VZW not Google voice) is set there already to fwd the voicemail). I didn't want to do fwd NY calls to my Google voice number as all I want is the voice-mail to go to Google voice. Or is that what you're supposed to do?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thx. I checked online and my phone number (VZW not Google voice) is set there already to fwd the voicemail). I didn't want to do fwd NY calls to my Google voice number as all I want is the voice-mail to go to Google voice. Or is that what you're supposed to do?

I always do it using that method that Mustang provided. I dial those 3 codes individually, with my GV number and don't have any issue.

OP
mach330

mach330

Reaction score
Ok just tried it. It works. Thanks folks. Gotta do that to my wife's phone now.

OP
mach330

mach330

Reaction score
So now my voice mail notification won't go away. I even dialed to see of there's any new voicemail and there isn't. Maybe it's the voicemail that went to my carrier one before I had my gvoice setup? But the notification says it's my gvoice number to dial. Weird. It's annoying me.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So now my voice mail notification won't go away. I even dialed to see of there's any new voicemail and there isn't. Maybe it's the voicemail that went to my carrier one before I had my gvoice setup? But the notification says it's my gvoice number to dial. Weird. It's annoying me.

Does the icon look like the hangouts bubble, or the old school voicemail symbol?

That'll tell you where it's at.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
mach330

mach330

Reaction score
Does the icon look like the hangouts bubble, or the old school voicemail symbol?

That'll tell you where it's at.

Voicemail symbol. Like an upside down glasses but the number is my Google voice that it says to call. Which I have no msgs

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's says your GV number because that's what's setup on the phone, but that symbol is likely coming from your carrier.

Try dialing *86 & see if that gets you to your vzw voicemail.

OP
mach330

mach330

Reaction score
It's says your GV number because that's what's setup on the phone, but that symbol is likely coming from your carrier.

Try dialing *86 & see if that gets you to your vzw voicemail.

Ok wow that was a whole lot of stuff to do. Didn't know my vzw password so I reset it online. Got thru with *86 and deleted my msgs. Now notification is gone. Thx again.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No problem! Glad to know that *86 works. I was gonna tell you to call your cell number, but you set that up to forward to GV, so that wouldn't help.