Google Voice Inbox Opens Twice

Evil Incarnate

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed before; I searched for about 10 minutes without finding anything related to this issue...

Whenever I open Google Voice, the Inbox actually opens twice. I can clearly see it open once, and then open again immediately after loading. This wouldn't be much of a problem, except I have to press the back button twice to get back to what I was doing prior to opening Google Voice.

A Google search yields this thread: Google Voice Inbox Opening Twice - CyanogenMod Forum

It is a week old, and says the issue is a Google Voice issue introduced in a recent update. However, I am not running CyanogenMod, BB, or any other similar third-party ROMs, so I was uncertain if the thread was relevant to me or not.

I was simply wondering 1) if this is, in fact, a Google Voice issue, and 2) if anyone knew if Google is aware of it?

sh0ebox

Reaction score
Considering that it's happening to you and you are not running any of the aforementioned ROMs, I'm willing to bet that it has to do with the most recent google voice update (0.3.2 or whatever was released that introduced push notifications).

I never noticed this bug until immediately after installing the update. I'm not sure if google is aware of this issue though.

gatorbait

Reaction score
It's definitely a Google issue. Head over to their support forums and post in one of the open threads on there that deals with this issue.

searayman

Reaction score
I too have this issue, and its super annoying. I am running adamz rom but I believe it is a Google voice app issue

khelek

Reaction score
It's definitely a Google issue. Head over to their support forums and post in one of the open threads on there that deals with this issue.

You don't happen to have a link, do you? I just went to the GV Mobile help forum and didn't see anything resembling this. I've noticed that it takes hitting the back button multiple times (sometimes > 2) while in my INBOX in GV to get out of it. Don't want to start a new thread if there is one, but after scrolling through multiple pages didn't see anything.

OP
E

Evil Incarnate

Reaction score

You don't happen to have a link, do you? I just went to the GV Mobile help forum and didn't see anything resembling this. I've noticed that it takes hitting the back button multiple times (sometimes > 2) while in my INBOX in GV to get out of it. Don't want to start a new thread if there is one, but after scrolling through multiple pages didn't see anything.

I'll second the request for a link... I can't seem to find any open thread on this issue specifically, and I would rather not post this issue in a (potentially) already bloated thread full of miscellaneous issues.

hebertm1

Reaction score
I too am having the same problem. I have un-installed and installed three times and I still get the same opening twice. I had just updated to 2.1 -update 1 and thought that was the problem.