Google Voice dials a different # every time?

chiadrum

Reaction score
Hi all-I was using google voice for outbound to keep my minutes down and every time google voice would connect to the same outbound number which I had added to my friends and family plan.
The other day I was making calls and every time s different number would be dialed to access google voice negating the whole concept.
Am I alone or is this happening to everyone?
Is this Verizon's answer to get people to pay for minutes?

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Hi all-I was using google voice for outbound to keep my minutes down and every time google voice would connect to the same outbound number which I had added to my friends and family plan.
The other day I was making calls and every time s different number would be dialed to access google voice negating the whole concept.
Am I alone or is this happening to everyone?
Is this Verizon's answer to get people to pay for minutes?

That is one of the "upgrades" in their recent update. If you have a backup of the old app then uninstall and reinstall from the backup.
Otherwise they just negated your friend and family scheme. Sorry.

OP
chiadrum

chiadrum

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info-
No backup,I am screwed.What an update-no more of those for me unless something is broken.
Can someone with an old version send it to me in a zip file or something?

Cloppy

Reaction score
i noticed this too. But sometimes i get the same number a couple of times in a row. maybe its their way of load-balancing for better performace. just a guess.

To use less minutes you can always go to the GV site and have it call you then it connects the other person. However you need browser access for this it wont work through the app.

Tino

Reaction score
i noticed this too. But sometimes i get the same number a couple of times in a row. maybe its their way of load-balancing for better performace. just a guess.

To use less minutes you can always go to the GV site and have it call you then it connects the other person. However you need browser access for this it wont work through the app.

Actually, I downloaded a free .apk called GVMyNumber that you basically setup by typing in your number and pin if you have one once then every time you use google voice to make a call its free if you have it set up as a fave five. This has been discussed in some other threads as well. They really screwed us by implementing this change in the latest version. However, the fix I explained is simple enough. Back to making free calls. Cheers!

Cloppy

Reaction score

Actually, I downloaded a free .apk called GVMyNumber that you basically setup by typing in your number and pin if you have one once then every time you use google voice to make a call its free if you have it set up as a fave five. This has been discussed in some other threads as well. They really screwed us by implementing this change in the latest version. However, the fix I explained is simple enough. Back to making free calls. Cheers!

I didnt know about that 3rd party app. Thanks for the info! I will definately have to try this out. I just have my own GV in friends and family and let people call me mostly or use the browser access :)

psrumors

Reaction score
I am using Flex Dialer Pro to auto dial through my GV number. Works wonderfully. No problems what so ever. 100% free out going calls and only have to have your GV number on your F&F list.

chiefvelo

Reaction score
Search Google Voice in the app catalog. you should find a few call back apps. some for free. set GV to call back with its number and have it as your F&F number. that is one work around for you.

Cloppy

Reaction score
I am using Flex Dialer Pro to auto dial through my GV number. Works wonderfully. No problems what so ever. 100% free out going calls and only have to have your GV number on your F&F list.

I have tested this one and it works pretty good. had to modify the command line to add pauses