Google Voice - Contact Pictures Don't Show Up

olletsocmit

Reaction score
When i open my google voice app i have about 14 voice mails there. but the picture on the left does not work. my contacts all have pictures but they do not show up in google voice. instead its a gray box with an android guy in it and a blue circle. why are he pics not showing up??

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Do you have pictures for the actual Google Contacts? Ie, would you see a picture in Google Voice on your browser?

Or is it on the phone only (due to Facebook)?
For some reason Google decided to not integrate Google Voice to the point of great convenience. They went with "pretty convenient".

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Do you have pictures for the actual Google Contacts? Ie, would you see a picture in Google Voice on your browser?

I have them attached in GV and they show...I have different pictures than my phone....a bit of a pain but it works....

amozarte

Reaction score
No contact photo

I'm having the same problem as the OP- Any contacts identified via Google Voice won't pull a photo, even though the contact's photo has been added via the browser in Google Contacts.

For example, I receive a phone call or text message to my GVoice number from "John". Instead of showing John's number, it naturally shows the "406" number assigned by GVoice. And, instead of showing John's picture it shows only the blank box. BUT- the person's name shows correctly, indicating that the phone IS associating this person with one of my contacts.

On the other hand, if "Sally" rings/texts me at my "real" mobile number, her picture shows up just fine.

The contacts' photos were all assigned by visiting Google, logging in, and clicking the photo icon on their contact details page.

This is is severely limiting and frustrating so any help would be greatly appreciated.