1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Voice and Handcent issue....

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by i0sandman0i, Apr 1, 2010.

1. i0sandman0i

i0sandman0i New Member

Hey, sorry if this was addressed somewhere else, but the new google voice update was supposed to eliminate "double sms" issues, yet i still receive both the google voice message AND then handcent pops up the same message, any thoughts?
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I dont understand. Voice is voicemail and Handcent is MMS... You saying you get an MMS telling you about your new googel voice message AND get the voice notification? You might have to log onto google voice and change your settings to stop getting the SMS, but I dono for sure cause I never got them.
  3. i0sandman0i

i0sandman0i New Member

google voice has sms as well, not just voice...
  4. superglen99

superglen99 New Member

You have to log onto google voice via pc/mac and disable forwarding sms to your phone.
  5. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Exactly. Google voice has SMS too meaning what I said, it sends you a SMS if you have a new voicemail? If you mean it is an SMS app it is not.
  6. SketchyTech

SketchyTech New Member

Actually you are wrong. Google Voice does have sending and receiving sms capabilities.
  7. takeshi

takeshi New Member

It's supposed to disable SMS forwarding. If it didn't, then hit the full GV site (on your PC or by changing the user agent on your Droid's browser) and disable forwarding.
  8. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

I prefer to use the sms forwarding option because typing in the google voice app is laggy. So I just disable the google voice notifications (Menu-->Refresh and Notification-->Inbox Notifications (uncheck)).

But yeah, you have to go into the full google voice website on your computer to disable SMS forwarding to your phone. Go to Settings --> Phones --> Edit button --> Uncheck SMS Settings (Receive SMS on this phone (mobile phones only)).
Search tags for this page
google voice mms handcent

handcent google voice mms

handcent issues with google voice