Google Voice and Gmail Contact Pics (pictures) do not sync if linked with Facebook?

FutureGreg

Reaction score
Hello,

I just updated to ICS (it's awesome so far). I realized all google programs UI are enhanced but none of my pics show up for them. ONE did, and I realized she wasn't linked to her fb account via HTC sense. I linked them and now the ONE person who had a picture on gmail and gvoice doesn't have a pic. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Do you all have your friends pics next to their names in voice? :blink:
View attachment 54549 Also, notice that when I press on the icon, it DOES show their pic... so I have the pics on the device. View attachment 54552

Last edited:
OP
F

FutureGreg

Reaction score
View attachment 54556
So You can see I was able to get my inbox to have pics. It also shows their pic in the notification bar when you receive a txt. Looks great.
PROBLEM. I had to MANUALLY select my contact images. This is the only way I can do it so far. (Having Facebook Contact Sync)
1.Select the person you want a picture for.
2.View their contact info (rolodex icon)
View attachment 54557
3.Edit the contact (towards the bottom)
View attachment 54558
4. You now see a little arrow next to their picture, press it.
View attachment 54559
5. A dialog box comes up. Make sure you press FACEBOOK CONTACT SYNC. If you just press facebook, it will never update and gvoice/gmail will not see it.
View attachment 54560
6. Save it.

If you are smarter than me and know a syncing app that does this automatically - for the love of god, share.