Google Voice 0.4.0.12 - no more FnF?

barrettrking

Reaction score
I might be very dense here, but I use the voice app, and every time I call out using GV (my settings are so the phone asks every time I make a call), it says "calling using GV 202-xxx-xxxx"). That # is in my FnF. Even looking at my Verizon call history, it shows that number.

So, I'm still taking advantage of FnF by having that 202 relay number and my actual GV number (which is how incoming calls show up) in my FnF, too.

DigiK

Reaction score
I might be very dense here, but I use the voice app, and every time I call out using GV (my settings are so the phone asks every time I make a call), it says "calling using GV 202-xxx-xxxx"). That # is in my FnF. Even looking at my Verizon call history, it shows that number.

So, I'm still taking advantage of FnF by having that 202 relay number and my actual GV number (which is how incoming calls show up) in my FnF, too.

Google changed the connection method back to a common regional access number after all of our vocal complaints. However, I still think there's some value in using GVMyNumber, since it ensures the access number doesn't change even if you travel to a different region. This also saves a slot in your FnF.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
However, I still think there's some value in using GVMyNumber, since it ensures the access number doesn't change even if you travel to a different region. This also saves a slot in your FnF.
Good point. For me, minute saving is just gravy. The better half won't use GV so we have a family plan that accommodates her usage. My usage is fairly irrelevant by comparison. It's the other features of GV that really matter to me.

DigiK

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure the percentage of Android users for which this information is actually relevant is quite small, but it's worth having the information on record for those that could benefit. :)

mccord42

Reaction score
Does gvmynumber actually work for you?

If you're experience issues, just increase the pause time to 4 seconds.

The issue isn't that the wait time is too short, it's that all the numbers that are dialed AFTER the ,2, are dialed way too fast. All the tones are dialed in about 1/2 a second total and so the GV system doesn't recognize it as a valid number.

This is happening to me on my rooted Motorola Droid A855 running 2.2 and my brothers stock untouched A855 running 2.1.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Am I missing something?

I just updated to 0.4.0.12, but I still can't make a call when there's no data available. I thought that was the point of the direct access numbers?

I, for one, would really like the ability to initiate a GV call when I'm in an area with no data. Sure, I could dial my own number, press 2, then dial the number I want - or install one of the non-google GV apps - But I would prefer it to be the actual Voice app. Does the direct-access number thing actually work for anyone?

CodaMan

Reaction score
Heres to you boodah! HEY everyone actually looking for the old version of google voice here it is!!! just download this! Backed up with astro.. Have a GRRREEEEAT day!

There now you cant say i haven't been trying! Thanks friend!

The apk in #50 is not the release before the 0.4 update. It's actually 0.3.2. What you want is 0.3.4 (13)

Here it is -- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6035817/com.google.android.apps.googlEVOice-1.apk

I just installed it on my Droid and it works as advertised.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I updated last week and everything still worked with one access number. I was in New York after I updated and it still used the chicago access number, then the other day it started using direct numbers so i had to go to my backed up version and went back to the 1 number.