Google Vampires?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-blood-sucker.png

Yes... the headline is clickbait. Google is developing a device (or at lest patented the idea for one) which can suck out blood more efficiently. It is actually a needle-free blood drawing device designed to poke a tiny hole in your finger so it can draw blood out using a negative pressure barrel.

In its patent filing, Google indicated that the technology “might be used to draw a small amount of blood, for example, for a glucose test.” In fact, Google's patent even takes things a step further by incorporating this technology into a wrist-warn monitoring device... can we say Android Doc?

This could be "handy" for folks with various ailments that require regular monitoring of blood (like diabetics). In general it might be greatly appreciated by a good many folks who don't like needles!

Source: TheVerge

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Poking a hole in your finger without a needle.. interesting concept.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Mmmm Hmm. An easy way to get blood, huh. You're not fooling anybody Google... I see what you're doing.

All Imma say is Alphabet CALICO.

Google today announced Calico, a new company that will focus on health and well-being, in particular the challenge of aging...

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Though this is a niche thing, I think it's great that they're putting time into this kind of thing. My wife's sister is insulin diabetic. She's got a pump and has to check her sugar frequently, though she's got some sort of bluetooth thing and the pump system draws the blood for her somehow. IDK how it really works, but like I said, I'm still glad that tech companies are taking a stab at issues like this.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Health technology is booming right now. I wish I could get into that realm.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm KINDA there, though we don't do much innovating here at the nursing home when it comes to tech.
I have 2 huge medical systems here, Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals. But development for them is outside companies, not in house.