Google Update Fixes Droid X Search Freeze

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
searchfix.png

Apparently some Droid X owners experienced some freezing issues when they tried to search something with Google, but with this new update thats was released in the market, it fixes that problem. This problem became apparent with the Droid X, along with other devices, when they were updated with some Froyo goodness. Well Google has fixed that problem and you can download it and update your search straight from the market.

I had the Droid X for a whole month, and I never experienced anything like this. It worked flawlessly, but I am sure if you saw this happen, it would make you very unhappy with your phone thats made to search just about anything.

Did you experience this problem? How is the new update working for you?

News Via: Droid-Life

timtampa

Reaction score
Yep, I had this problem

I had the problem with search freezing and it was royaly pissing me off. I think it has something to do with Swype as I had similar issues when running Swype beta on my Droid 1. I did have to uninstall then reinstall Google Search update from the market. All appears OK so far.

I will also mention that since the Droid X is so popular, there seems to be a high failure rate for them. 1st Droid X was flawless, 2.2 update bricked it. Finally on my 4th and all seems good.

mjones1052

Reaction score
I had both Dx and D2 and it happened on each of them. When typing something in to the search box it would freeze up, normally after the second word, really weird, and very f'in annoying.

Hosehead

Reaction score
Installed the new version and it did not fix the issues with the widget. Still freezes/locks.

Not happy.

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I experienced this a few times on my Droid 2, but recently it stopped.

pjniez

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the original Droid to a Droid X and am having this problem with the Google Search. I can't believe that it has been going on for so long. This definitely doesn't happen on the original Droid! :mad:

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Seems to have fixed my DX...i dont get the freezing issues anymore

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App