Google TV

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard this mentioned on the news the other day and I thought it sounded kind of interesting. I've requested more information on it.

I don't know if this will work with my TiVo or if it's in competition with TiVo. I definitely know it's in competition with Apples product.

I wonder how this will work out? After seeing the fiasco with their N1 phone and lack of customer service, wouldn't this be headed for the same type of issues?

Google TV

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Google does need customer support before the venture into consumer markets again.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have seen Google TV stuff several other places. Some of it said Droids will work as a remote control. Everything is saying this fall. My local Best Buy folks don't know anything about it though.

pyro6128

Reaction score
will google tv be a subscription service? Or is it a one time purchase?

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google does need customer support before the venture into consumer markets again.

Well the service is free. You just purchase a box and hook it up to your tv set, unless of course your tv is internet ready.

pyro6128

Reaction score
fantastic, I was hoping it wouldn't be a subscription

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about it, but on the local television news story they said it was going into competition with Apples device. I didn't know there was an Apple TV out there.

I am into TiVo's and TiVo does let you get into certain parts of the internet, like YouTube and such. I pay for TiVo service, and my box, and my cable. Not to mention the cable cards I have to put into the the box so I can receive SDV (Switch Digital Video). I'm thinking this may be a viable alternative to Cable IF I can continue to use my TiVo with it.