Google Touts Google Translate Accomplishments in New Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's truly amazing just how much software can help connect people. Google shared a new video to show off a tidbit of the amazing accomplishments they have made with Google Translate. The "app" has grown by leaps and bounds as Google continues to improve it daily.

The video is part of Google's "be together. not the same." ad campaign, and it shares that Google Translate is now processing over 100 billion words a day. This is thanks in part to Google adding real-time translation of words and text to the Google Translate engine. It even includes a feature called Word Lens which basically translates written or printed text by aiming your smartphone camera at it. Impressive!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I wish my area (or where I travel) was more diverse so I could make better use of Translate. Haha!

Word Lens was a third-party company/app that they bought out maybe a couple of years ago. It's actually pretty cool. I played with it right after Google bought them. I believe I did so because they made the app free after the acquisition.

Aaren

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
i-phone
wew!!!
It is wonderful

Last edited by a moderator: