Google To Launch Echo Competitor At October 4th Event

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We are all looking forward to Google's upcoming October 4th event. We fully expect two new Google phones to be released there. The Pixel and Pixel XL will most likely be unveiled there. We have already seen plenty of leaked images and even a 3D render of the PIxel XL. We pretty much know what to expect when it comes to the new handsets. This will not be the only thing that Google announces at the event however.

We also expect to see a new version of the Chromecast. This time the Chromecast will be able to support UHD! We should also see a demo of the new Daydream VR Headset, and Google Home. Google Home will compete with the Amazon Echo. You will be able to play songs and playlists, manage tasks like setting reminders, making reservations, and controlling household items like your lights and AC.

Google has also apparently been speaking with OEMs in hopes they will integrate Google Home into their own products. This would be similar to what OEMs do with Google cast. It has also been reported that Google has told OEMs that they would need to also incorporate Google Home if they want to their devices to be able to use Google Cast. I for one am looking forward to seeing what exactly it is that Google has up their sleeves with Google Home. I had not jumped on the Echo bandwagon so maybe its time to get in on the Voice assistant train with this new product.

via Variety

Last edited:

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It Will be interesting to compare, I love the Amazon Echo system, and I have the Dot integrated with the lights, stereo, and the Ecobee3 as well, I also have another Echo Dot on order for more full home control.

Sent from my New Note 7

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I passed on the Echo and should not have. But I plan on grabbing this new Google Home...if the music sounds halfway decent.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I got the Echo Dot because it connects to any Bluetooth, speaker(s) and my BT on my amp, basically giving my home stereo a voice command connection, if I want full home coverage.

Sent from my New Note 7

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Anyone out there order a Google Home?

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
I hear the Echo system is so far advanced, I'd not put money into something that's going to be dropped later like Google Fiber.

Sent from my New Note 7

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Interesting idea. But I hope the Home lineup takes off and gets to be somewhat as popular & functional as the Echo.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Looks like these are starting to ship.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear some real-world reviews. Either a Home or Echo could might possibly end up under the Christmas tree this year.

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
As a Prime, I've got 2, going for 3.

Sent from my New Note 7

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
But does it brew your coffee? I didn't think so. I win!

S5 tap'n
The Home device does brew coffee on voice commands. That's why I ordered it. Home wins and Echo loses.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Home device does brew coffee on voice commands. That's why I ordered it. Home wins and Echo loses.

Oh man. A Home <->Keurig Voice command is the last thing I need LOL

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK Google...brew me a cup of coffee. Sounds good to me. Now we just need a little robot on wheels to bring it to us.