Google to acquire Yelp?

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Google In Discussions To Acquire Yelp For A Half Billion Dollars Or More

Google and Yelp are in advanced acquisition negotiations, we’ve confirmed from multiple sources. And while the deal isn’t done, we’ve heard that it’s very likely to close. The price is supposedly at least $500 million. Yelp was founded in 2004 as a way to let users leave reviews on local businesses. Comscore puts worldwide traffic at nearly 9 million monthly unique visitors, and it has been growing fast – the company says it’s real numbers are more like 25 million monthly uniques.

Click the link to read the rest.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
If you can't beat them, BUY THEM.. A philosophy my company lives by (no I don't work for the google).

Batfan.com

Reaction score
I might be new at this...

What is Yelp?

A site where users can post reviews of restaurants, etc.

As a side note ( and please, don't take this personally because your not the only one that does this ), clearly your on a computer that has access to the internet. This means that you have access to Google, the sum of all human knowledge. If you have a question ( like 'What is Yelp?' ), kindly just Google it and save yourself some time. :)

Again, I mean no offense. Just a pet peeve of mine :biggrin:

tommyz

Reaction score
Mixed Feelings About This News

I have mixed feelings about this news. If it does go through, I hope Google doesn't make any drastic changes. I have been using and reviewing on Yelp.com from the beginning.

I hope it all works out for the better.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Better yet, use Yahoo to look up what Yelp is...and oh well. I prefer Where over Yelp anyway...even though I rarely use either.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this news. If it does go through, I hope Google doesn't make any drastic changes. I have been using and reviewing on Yelp.com from the beginning.

I hope it all works out for the better.
I'm curious to see what Google can do with their data. The Yelp app is a bit deficient on several platforms -- hopefully they'll do something about that if it goes through.

As a side note ( and please, don't take this personally because your not the only one that does this ), clearly your on a computer that has access to the internet. This means that you have access to Google, the sum of all human knowledge. If you have a question ( like 'What is Yelp?' ), kindly just Google it and save yourself some time. :)
Whoever came up with lmgtfy is a genius...

Let me google that for you

Last edited: