Google Talk

larryverga

Reaction score
Hey guys....every so often i will go to manage my apps running and google talk is on and has been running for days.....if i havent gone into this app, what makes it come on? is it talking on the phone?

please help thanks

also too i have been reading when people have missed calls and texts...there leds are different colors.....mine are always green, is something wrong with my phone?

Last edited:

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Seems they should update the options for this.

At least include:

1 - Option to hide Offfline Contacts
2 - An icon in the Notification Bar for easy access.

V

verian

Have you tried Hi Gtalk from the market. Its free and I like it better then the stock gtalk. You have to get themes for it cause it comes with butter flies at first. It has a nice icon up in that notification bar. and separates the online friends from the off line ones.

Fumbles93

Reaction score
Hey is google talk free? Sorry if it's a noob question or if it's already been answered..

Also, is the app any good? Like good quality and wutnot? Or is there a better one on the app store somewheres?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Hey is google talk free? Sorry if it's a noob question or if it's already been answered..

Also, is the app any good? Like good quality and wutnot? Or is there a better one on the app store somewheres?
Thanks in advance

Ya, it's free... and it doesn't ever FC (for me at least).

Its great for what it's for.

Fumbles93

Reaction score
Ya, it's free... and it doesn't ever FC (for me at least).

Its great for what it's for.

Oo nice and u can vid chat with it right? Even on phones that dont hav a front facing camera?

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Oo nice and u can vid chat with it right? Even on phones that dont hav a front facing camera?

Ya, it supports vid chat.

Not sure how you would expect to be able to accomplish that if your phone doesn't have the necessary hardware required, but Talk does support it.

Fumbles93

Reaction score
Ya, it supports vid chat.

Not sure how you would expect to be able to accomplish that if your phone doesn't have the necessary hardware required, but Talk does support it.

Yea idk either haha i was just wondering - thanks for the help and info tho! Greatly appreciated.

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Ok now I have a question. Can you chat and video chat with people on other services like yahoo messenger, and skype? Also if you can I take it you just ads the sn with the @(whatever) and for them they add your sn @gmail.com??

Or am I just wrong about all of this and you can only chat with people that only have gmail / google talk.

Fumbles93

Reaction score
I would like to kno this as well

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I believe you can only chat with people on google talk. I'm pretty sure there's no cross service ability with it, but don't quote me as I haven't tried. I've not seen anywhere that is says you can with any other service, like yahoo can with msn. Which is why I think its google only.

LLR00717

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

You can only video chat with gTalk if your phone has a Front Facing camera and has Android version 2.3.4 or higher.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I believe you can only chat with people on google talk. I'm pretty sure there's no cross service ability with it, but don't quote me as I haven't tried. I've not seen anywhere that is says you can with any other service, like yahoo can with msn. Which is why I think its google only.

LLR00717

+1
If you'd like to chat anther service, you'll need to either use that services app, or get an app that aggregates all your accounts! As far as I know that's it.

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
+1
If you'd like to chat anther service, you'll need to either use that services app, or get an app that aggregates all your accounts! As far as I know that's it.

Ok that's kinda what I figured. Thanks.