Google Talk Video Chat Help

devils3023

Reaction score
Hey, has anyone been able to successfully use the gtalk video chat? I logged in and am unable to add any friends. I click "add friend" and enter my gf's email, it submits it and several minutes later she gets an email saying that I would like to connect with her. Upon opening the email there is a link to click and prompts her to sign in to gmail. Then it takes you to a google page that says "you followed a bad link" and gives you a different link to click. After signing in to gmail again via the new link it just takes you to your gmail inbox. There is an icon tor gtalk but no option to add contacts or start a video chat. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated guys!!

Spydaz

Reaction score
It depends on what type of phone she ia using. Some phones cannot use stalk video.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

devils3023

Reaction score
Sorry shouldve clarified...we're both using bionics.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

MrToneBonez

Reaction score
I am having the same exact issue. I am using a bionic and my wife is using a droid 3, any help would be greatlly appreciated. Thanks!

OP
D

devils3023

Reaction score
Ok, so after playing around with it a bit last night I finally got the video chat feature to work. Here is what I did in the order I did it in. Not really sure if everything is required to make it work, but I got it work.

First, I logged into my gmail from my laptop and downloaded the gtalk video plug in and installed it. Next, I added my gf's email address to my gmail contacts. Once added to my contacts, I clicked on her name and selected "chat". A little chat window opened on my laptop and in the top corner was a green video camera icon. I clicked it and it initiated a video call from my laptop to her bionic. After that I was in her friends list in gtalk on her phone and she was able to initiate a video call from her phone to the laptop only.

I logged out of my gmail and into my gf's on the laptop and did the exact same thing, adding my email to her gmail contact list. Initiated a video call from the laptop to my bionic this time. I logged out of gmail on the laptop and now her name was added to my gtalk friends list on my phone. I made a few more test video calls from my phone to hers and vice versa just to ensure everything was working properly and it was.

Again, not sure if all the above steps are necessary but that's what I did last night and now it works great. Video quality was quite clear when in a well lit room and with the phone held at arms length away from your face. Sound quality was excellent too. There was a bit of a delay but I only noticed that since we were in the same apartment, otherwise you would never know. Hope this helps!! Let me know your results.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
GTalk worked flawlessly for my friend and I who are both on Bionics. I dont recall if we had to enable Video chat in the settings or not, it's possible.