Google Talk Video Chat (2.3.4 on GummyCharged GBE)

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by Vinaaga, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Vinaaga

Vinaaga New Member

I searched and searched and tried a few methods of getting google talk video chat to work on 2.3.4.

Installed a few apks and a few zips, none of them seemed to change the app at all, still no video icons in google talk.

Found this app called Vtok in the app store, installed it like 5 min ago, it showed the google chat friends i had that were available to chat, clicked on one and could see myself via the FFC while it loaded. To my surprise it also showed my friend when they answered. I could see them just fine and this was over 3g mind you (0/5 bars, makes me think those bars represent voice/text signal reception not 3g reception).

Many of the reviews say that the app prevents sleeping and murders battery life. I haven't had it long enough to tell if this is true for the charge but I would be just fine uninstalling it every time I was done using it.

While not many people seem to care about video chatting through google talk on the charge (because there are so few posts about it), I do and I hope this work around makes a few other people happy until this is working for us all :)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.skymobius.vtok&feature=search_result
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  2. ckeathley

ckeathley New Member

Do a Google search for Google talk 1.3 install from root explorer. Worked great for me.
  3. Joeteck

Joeteck New Member

This is a complex way to do it... you have to uninstall the original google talk and install version 1.3... looks risky
Search tags for this page

do i get charged for gtalk

google talk with video android droid charge

sleep and charge video chat

video chat with gbe