Google Talk Problems - Please Help

choolan

Reaction score
I tried looking online and couldn't really see anyone that has/had the same issue I'm having. In google talk, no matter what I change in the settings, the app always behaves the same way. It always shows that I'm available (even though I checked to show me as away when the screen is off), it always signs me in automatically (even though I have that disabled), and it does not show that I'm on mobile when I am.

When I change my status in the app, that works no problem. Also, I checked to see if I am signed into my gmail from another source, and I know that I'm not. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks a lot.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing I've noticed with mine is that if I try to set status to invisible from the phone, it says something like I am signed in somewhere else that doesn't allow this ability....so I don't really know. I just started using gtalk so I am not extremely familiar with it, sorry

OP
C

choolan

Reaction score
The only thing I've noticed with mine is that if I try to set status to invisible from the phone, it says something like I am signed in somewhere else that doesn't allow this ability....so I don't really know. I just started using gtalk so I am not extremely familiar with it, sorry
It's ok, no worries. See, that works no problem for me. Also just to note, I did try restarting my phone, but that didn't work. Actually, when I restarted my phone, it never even logged me off from gchat. Dunno if it's just me but this app seems to be really buggy.

rabyfox

Reaction score
Mine does funky things. It pretty much randomly signs me in and makes me available when I'm not so ill get a gchat message from someone when I said I'm away. The only I've solved this problem is by going to settings ->applications-> running apps-> then forced gmail talk close. This works so I'm signed off. But I don't have a solution to the status or invisibility issue.