Google Talk Problems - Please Help

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by choolan, Feb 7, 2010.

1. choolan

choolan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried looking online and couldn't really see anyone that has/had the same issue I'm having. In google talk, no matter what I change in the settings, the app always behaves the same way. It always shows that I'm available (even though I checked to show me as away when the screen is off), it always signs me in automatically (even though I have that disabled), and it does not show that I'm on mobile when I am.

When I change my status in the app, that works no problem. Also, I checked to see if I am signed into my gmail from another source, and I know that I'm not. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks a lot.

2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The only thing I've noticed with mine is that if I try to set status to invisible from the phone, it says something like I am signed in somewhere else that doesn't allow this ability....so I don't really know. I just started using gtalk so I am not extremely familiar with it, sorry

3. choolan

choolan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's ok, no worries. See, that works no problem for me. Also just to note, I did try restarting my phone, but that didn't work. Actually, when I restarted my phone, it never even logged me off from gchat. Dunno if it's just me but this app seems to be really buggy.

4. rabyfox

rabyfox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine does funky things. It pretty much randomly signs me in and makes me available when I'm not so ill get a gchat message from someone when I said I'm away. The only I've solved this problem is by going to settings ->applications-> running apps-> then forced gmail talk close. This works so I'm signed off. But I don't have a solution to the status or invisibility issue.

Search tags for this page
android talk invisible
google talk always shows me online

google talk android always shows available

google talk android not invisible

google talk problem online

google talk says i'm always available
google talk shows me as invisible but leaves me on
gtalk android invisible mode
how to set status to offline
when does google talk show away