google talk notification

nyyfan

Reaction score
i use gtalk on the computer through gmail and on my phone through the app. before 2.1 i would get a notification (window on computer, vibrate and icon on phone) at the first IM from someone, then if i were talking to them on the computer the notifications would stop on the phone. now, after 2.1, no matter what i get a notification on my phone even if i am talking on the computer the whole time. anyone else with this situation and any fixes? i would like that first notification but it seemed like before it was able to tell that the conversation was on the computer and didn't need to have every message pushed to the phone.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I use gtalk a lot at work, at home, and on my android. And on my laptop at college with pidgin. I notice that always the first time I get an im from someone, it goes to all 3. But if I respond to the person on any one of my four gtalks, it stops appearing on the other gtalk stations. I noticed too, that if a period of time (like 15 mins) goes by without anyone saying anything, the next time I get an im from that person, it goes to my phone again even if I have the chat window still opened on my laptop.

I just set gtalk to not make a sound (no sound) on the notification options. Did this from day one.