1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Talk Contact Pictures Missing/Wrong

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by BWJSS, Jan 26, 2010.

1. BWJSS

BWJSS New Member

Hi All,

I've done searches on the web and here and unless I'm putting in the wrong keywords, I'm just not having any luck with this issue.

On my Droid, when I go into my Contacts everything looks fine. When I go into Google Talk, the contact pics are missing or incorrect.

What's odd is one contact in Gtalk that has the wrong image, the incorrect image does not belong to any other contact but comes from a Picasa contact. I have no idea how that image became associated unless it's wrong in Picasa too. Hmm....

Any ideas otherwise?
  2. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

Google Talk actually pulls and displays the contact pictures that Google Talk users have assigned to themselves. I believe there is an option under gmails settings to set it so that Google Talk will use your own assigned photos instead.
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

gTalk uses the image you've assigned to your gMail account. Log onto that and add your image :)
  4. dugathome

dugathome New Member

I realize that goggle talk is displaying the photo that each gmail user has set up, but if I have replaced their photo with one I prefer, is there a way to display that image instead?
  5. crix0r

crix0r New Member

Hrm. Bump? I'd love for the Talk application on my Droid 2 to use the photo's I've chosen :)

-crix0r
  6. angela1533

angela1533 New Member

google talk contact picture

If you press on the picture it should come up with a status box. Press on the picture again. A drop box will appear and now you can select a picture.
Search tags for this page
contact picture in google talk
contact pictures not updating google voice
google avatar disappeared from android contacts
google talk android images
google talk avatar android

google talk contact pictures

gtalk images

gtalk photo

gtalk photos
gtalk picture
gtalk pictures