Google Talk Contact Pictures Missing/Wrong

BWJSS

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've done searches on the web and here and unless I'm putting in the wrong keywords, I'm just not having any luck with this issue.

On my Droid, when I go into my Contacts everything looks fine. When I go into Google Talk, the contact pics are missing or incorrect.

What's odd is one contact in Gtalk that has the wrong image, the incorrect image does not belong to any other contact but comes from a Picasa contact. I have no idea how that image became associated unless it's wrong in Picasa too. Hmm....

Any ideas otherwise?

gatorbait

Reaction score
Google Talk actually pulls and displays the contact pictures that Google Talk users have assigned to themselves. I believe there is an option under gmails settings to set it so that Google Talk will use your own assigned photos instead.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
gTalk uses the image you've assigned to your gMail account. Log onto that and add your image :)

dugathome

Reaction score
I realize that goggle talk is displaying the photo that each gmail user has set up, but if I have replaced their photo with one I prefer, is there a way to display that image instead?

crix0r

Reaction score
Hrm. Bump? I'd love for the Talk application on my Droid 2 to use the photo's I've chosen :)

-crix0r

angela1533

Reaction score
google talk contact picture

If you press on the picture it should come up with a status box. Press on the picture again. A drop box will appear and now you can select a picture.