Google Talk - Block Contact?

taylocv

Reaction score
I can see how to UNBLOCK a blocked Google Talk contact, but how can I block a contact from my phone? So far the only ways I can see to block a contact are from Gmail Chat or Google Talk/desktop.

tj1772

Reaction score
You can send straight to voicemail in phone contacts. open contact, edit and it's on the very bottom.

OP
T

taylocv

Reaction score
You can send straight to voicemail in phone contacts. open contact, edit and it's on the very bottom.
But won't that just send his phone calls straight to voice mail? I'm wanting to block him from Google Talk, but not email or phone.

tj1772

Reaction score
There is a block option on google talk. Right click on the name and select more. Block this name.

OP
T

taylocv

Reaction score
Right. I know how to do it on the regular computer/Google Talk. I wanted to do it on the phone app, so I don't have to go to the computer if I'm not near one. But no worries, my brilliant Droid friend came into the room and told me to do something I had tried several times before. Only this time, because she was standing there, it worked. You just have to press and hold on the contact name (in Google Talk on your phone) and the menu will pop up that gives the Block option. But thank you for your help!

GThree

Reaction score
on the phone...end the conversation...hold down the persons name, it'll pull up options, and hit block.

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
on the phone...end the conversation...hold down the persons name, it'll pull up options, and hit block.

Yesterday I was dealing with a person or computer that keeps sending me messages that I have never invited and I have not accepted an invitation from. After several inappropriate comments, I blocked them. Today the messages started coming through again. I went into blocked people list and it was blank. Now when I try to block them, there is no longer a block option. Antivirus and anti spyware say there is nothing wrong with the device.

dayanamordislth

Reaction score
Yesterday I was dealing with a person or computer that keeps sending me messages that I have never invited and I have not accepted an invitation from. After several inappropriate comments, I blocked them. Today the messages started coming through again. I went into blocked people list and it was blank. Now when I try to block them, there is no longer a block option. Antivirus and anti spyware say there is nothing wrong with the device.

I'm having the same problem. I guess we not only need to block them, also need to report them.

DonkeyBallz

Reaction score
In the conversation, hit the menu/options button. Click friend info. Then click block.