Google Sync

ninjakomodo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia Z
Hey all,

I've been having a problem lately. Ever since my Sony Xperia Z updated to Android 4.3, I've been having a problem with google sync. I have it set to only sync my Gmail. For some reason, every couple weeks I've been getting a sync error, and when I look at it, it's because the sync has automatically checked Google+, photos and calendar without my permission. I don't know why it's doing this, and the only way I know is when it isn't syncing for a decent period of time. At first, it was just a minor annoyance, but now it's becoming a problem as it's happening at least once a day. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

Have you tried removing your Google Sync settings, reboot and set them up again?

OP
N

ninjakomodo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia Z
Welcome to the Forum.

Have you tried removing your Google Sync settings, reboot and set them up again?

I have. Completely removed account, uninstalled and reinstalled Gmail. Nothing along those lines has worked.

ali.tacim.tatar

Reaction score
I have a Samsung galaxy s4 and when ever I take pictures ingot notifications from google+ saying your photos are ready but when every I refreshed my Google mail it said error until I noticed that my sync was off in the settings

P

promo87

I have. Completely removed account, uninstalled and reinstalled Gmail. Nothing along those lines has worked.
Well, try doing the same thing but add one more step over here after completely removing the gmail account head over to the application manager try clearing the cache and the data stored by the Google Play Services application and then switch your device off, now the next time you open your device put the gmail account over it and then try sync your account and see if that works fine or not !! :)

OP
N

ninjakomodo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia Z
Well, try doing the same thing but add one more step over here after completely removing the gmail account head over to the application manager try clearing the cache and the data stored by the Google Play Services application and then switch your device off, now the next time you open your device put the gmail account over it and then try sync your account and see if that works fine or not !! :)

I tried that out, didn't work. It was actually immediate that it was checking them again. I've just tried disabling G+ in hopes that without it even running it will work better, but now it appears that google won't sync at all without it.

OP
N

ninjakomodo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia Z
I've now run into the problem where my contacts disappear if I have contacts unchecked in google sync, or if I don't have an account there. I'm not sure what's going on here, but it seems I'm having some serious issues.

P

promo87

I've now run into the problem where my contacts disappear if I have contacts unchecked in google sync, or if I don't have an account there. I'm not sure what's going on here, but it seems I'm having some serious issues.
Well, I guess that is going to happen because it syncs with your google account and I guess that's okay, I don't think its a big issue to worry about but what I am worrying about is why you device is unable to complete the sync process ?? Weird it looks... try creating another gmail account and try putting that newly created gmail account over your device and see if that seemed to work out for your or not ??? Till than I'll try a little more research to see if there something new pops up from somewhere :(

OP
N

ninjakomodo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia Z
I tried out a new account, and nothing different happened. It was still checking everything else. I also posted my problem on Sony's website and got some responses, the most recent of which was to run a phone repair from PC Companion, so I tried that, and it is still happening. I wish I knew what was happening here, but it seems like I may need to get a different phone if I want it to stop.