Google Streetview car

Rodimus4180

Reaction score
Just had the Google Streetveiw car stop off at the shop for a little tire work. It got me all giddy so I just thought I'd share... lol.

From the dual cores of my XT875

Erikbal

Reaction score
That's sweet! A Subaru too! You know there's street view images in this little 14k population town of mine and I don't think there's any way that me or someone I know wouldn't have seen this car or one like it driving around at one point or another. Cool thanks for sharing the pics!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
Rodimus4180

Rodimus4180

Reaction score
Well he's been lurking around here for a while, saw him a the gas station across the street a couple weeks back but traffic prevented a good pic, so when it showed up at the shop I couldn't resist. ;)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Pretty cool how they use WRX now instead of the Prius.

Followed a Google Street View car a couple blocks when it was in downtown SJ a long time ago, was fun. Never did check to see if I got in the pic/maps though

Erikbal

Reaction score
I wonder how many there are?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice, thanks for posting the pics - love street view and those cars :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
Rodimus4180

Rodimus4180

Reaction score
I'm not really sure how many, I was in lunch so I didn't get to talk to the driver, just grabbed pics of the car before it was finished. Oddly enough for some reason I always pictured the street view vehicle as a blacked out government looking stalker van with cameras inside pointing out to keep a low profile ...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've seen a "squad" of Street Cars throughout Mountain View, 3 or 4 at a time. I haven't been to Google campus in years (before Android became big), but my friend says he's seen as many as 8-10 of them in the parking lots

Fonzz

Reaction score
I pulled up next to a Google car at a stoplight and took this pic with my Bionic. Quite the high-tech set up...

nccms7.jpg

/\ Right click and open in new tab... if forum is squishing the pic / see it full size...

Last edited:

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I was walking my dog one afternoon and it drove by. I didn't get in the picture though, not sure why, maybe they already had that street it something.
My friends were outside playing on their lawn when it drove by, so you can see them running and jumping. :p

OP
Rodimus4180

Rodimus4180

Reaction score
The driver told the salesman in the showroom it had 15 cameras and 3 lasers set up on the tripod ...

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I recently got a job at a place I was unfamiliar with and had to google the addy. Clicked on the street view and found it, but as I looked at the people.... the google camera got people taking pictures of the google car outside my work. Lol

Also am updated view of my house compared to the last google streetview has the angle different. Seems the tripod is higher up now than originally.

My best friend lived at the apartment complex the driver of the google car lived at. I saw the car with a big canopy thing over something but couldn't figure out what it was until one night, no cars were parked beside it and I saw google on the side door. Lol

sent from my Droid Bionic 3 using a flux capacitor and tapatalk, while driving 88 mph.... thanks Doc, for making texting and driving so easy.

Erikbal

Reaction score
sent from my Droid Bionic 3 using a flux capacitor and tapatalk, while driving 88 mph.... thanks Doc, for making texting and driving so easy.

Hahaha that's great! I love that movie! Our phones would be so much faster with flux capacitors!