1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google+ slammed over lack of invites

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Malvado, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Take these recent reviews on the brand new Google+ app. I can tell you first hand, the app is awesome. It’s got a few bugs here and there but that’s to be expected whenever a new app launches. Overall I would give it a solid 4 stars. So, why the 415 1-star reviews? While I can’t view all of the one star ratings and read all of their reviews, I was able to nab this screenshot here. Yup. These folks are giving the app a 1-star rating simply because they cannot receive an invite. To top it all off, they even have the nerve to provide their email addresses hoping Google, Vic Gundotra or some other benevolent soul will see their pitiful review and send them an invite. Not by a long shot.

2. SEGA

SEGA New Member

I have the app and have yet to get an invite.
    And I'm not going vote negative because i'm not invited yet, I vote for how well an app works. I hate people that give poor 1 Star reviews because of a simple thing that they don't agree with.

With that said, can someone invite me? lol
  3. musclemilk

musclemilk New Member

Can someone invite me lol

Sent from my DROIDX
  4. XMasterMoronX

XMasterMoronX New Member

Well ~90% of the people who actually leave reviews on android apps are morons

I remember an app meant for the DroidX (or 2) that stated in the title that it was only meant for that phone. out of like 50 reviews it had 3 stars because morons don't know how to read.
  5. yurdle

yurdle New Member

I would like an invite as well :)
  6. Malvado

+1 on this...ppl are so ignorant now a days
  7. Malvado

ppl please stop asking for invites. google has disabled the ability for users to give out invites due to the massive amount of requests
  8. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

I only send invites to nice people on forums :) speaking of which... ive got an inbox full of people to invite :O
  9. Limbwalker

Limbwalker New Member

awaiting an invite as well . . . dancedroid
  10. silverfang77

silverfang77 Member

I wish Google would cut the invite BS. They pulled the same thing when Gmail first came out. It's nothing more than publicity stunt. If they want people to use Plus, they should just open it up to everyone.
  11. Malvado

i think it has to do with their servers
  12. yurdle

yurdle New Member

That's what I thought.. but even after that still saw a ton of people asking.. So i figured I'd throw in one request.. that's that first and only time I've requested one.. Would just be cool to give it a shot.. hoping they'll open it back up for just a little bit soon

And about the google+ app getting bad ratings.... those people need to take a chill pill :p... that's no reason to give the app a bad review..
    App reviews and ratings are meant for the app itself.. those rating low because the invites have been halted are not rating the app but the service
  13. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Google is trying to keep their servers from crashing. An invite is USELESS right now. I got one yesterday and I STILL can't gain access to Google+. It would be funny if everyone just gave up on Google+ and by the time they fully open the doors they find themselves in "myspace status" as in "no body cares anymore" :wink: But that's not going to happen. I'd like to check it out but I'm not freakin' out about it because even when I do get in it's unlikely that most of my friends will even bother checking it out any time soon.
  14. yurdle

yurdle New Member

Just got an invite.. and I'm in :) so it is working.. but still.. I'd just wait till google lets people register on their own.
  15. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

Exactly. It takes time for new stuff like this to catch on, simply because people don't use it. If invited or whatever, I'd definitely check it out, and then stick it on the back burner for 6 months while it gains momentum (or fizzles out...)
  16. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

I wouldn't say it's useless. I'm in and it's pretty cool just to see what its capable of. The Circles and the Sparks thing make it better then Facebook for me tbh.
  17. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

I don't blame anyone for rating the app poorly for not being able to use it. If googlewants to make it invite only, then only send the app to those that get invites. This is obviously a cheap ploy to get publicity andbuilo hype.
  18. ColinZack

ColinZack New Member

send the app? its in the marketplace. just because its there doesn't mean you have to download it
  19. Cmdates2991

Cmdates2991 New Member

I understand where they're coming from though. Google really fudged up the launch of Google+. What's the point of using a social networking service if I can't invite my friends or they can't join on their on. I understand that it's in beta but what's the point of giving me access to a service I can't use.

I got an invite, but I haven't done anything with it because no one I know was invited. Good job Google.
  20. SupAll

SupAll New Member

No, they didn't fudge the launch at all. What's the point in releasing everything all at once for people who just want to "take a look" ? They had such a high demand within 3 hours they had to turn off the invite system. Then they started patching up loopholes that allowed invitations. There is still a way to invite people, but it takes a little more effort and requires a gmail account for the invitees.

G+ isn't ready for primetime. They definitely need to spice up the UI and offer an easy way to transition from Facebook to G+. Right now, my facebook friends (being of non-technological mind) don't really care for G+. Just because the tech-crowd is raving about it, doesn't mean that the rest of the people are too. Google needs to roll it out slowly, patch up the holes, and receive feedback on how to improve.

And like I said, there is a way to invite people. Check out Droid-Life.