Google sky map

jontimm

Reaction score
I turn my gps on and I have calibrated the compass yet google sky map is still choppy and seems to be off to the left a bit. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kevinkar

Reaction score
It's choppy for sure. The accelerometers in the phone are very sensitive and the application appears to be keeping track of a lot of data so it's not super fast and responsive. You can't use it in a moving car reliably, for example. But if you hold it steady and keep your movements down to small smooth motions, it's pretty good. As good as or even better than a Celestron Sky Scout.

As for it being off to the left a bit, I'm sure that's due to your hold and aim of the phone. What you think is pointing straight at the sky object is probably off. If you have a good reflection off the phone display, make sure you can see your eye reflecting back from the object on the screen (and in the middle of the cross hairs) and you know the screen (and the phone) is parallel with your eye surface and pointing as directly at the object as is possible.

It's close enough but not perfect.

OP
J

jontimm

Reaction score
Well no matter how steady I try to hold it or how smooth I try to move it it still seems to jump around alot I have tried to uninstall and reinstall several time with no success. My brother has the same phone and it seems to work fine on his

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App