Google shutting down online Nexus One store

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones Forum' started by danDroid, May 14, 2010.

1. danDroid

danDroid Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +260
    [​IMG]

It is with great sadness I expect that Google announced the closure of their online Nexus One retail channel. They concede that the experiment of online only sales did not work and will instead focus on delivering any future phones through existing retails channels.

What does this mean for Nexus One owners? Not much. Your experience won't change as Google still remains 100% committed to the Android platform - and we've seen huge growth of that platform in the past 6 months. Our site of course will remain up forever as well (well, maybe not FOREVER, but you get the idea) -- we aren't going anywhere and plan to offer Nexus One users support and assistance for a long time to come.

In addition, consumer choice is getting better and better. More and more bleeding edge phones have been released and Google's own announcement tells people to check out some recent alternatives, such as the Droid Incredible/HTC Incredible for the Verizon network and the HTC Evo 4G/Sprint EVO 4G for the Sprint network.

Google shutting down online Nexus One store - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

2. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FINALLY! AT&T customers will actually be able to get the Nexus subsidized! Just in time for the release of the new iPhail! WOOHOO! I think I just heard Steve Jobs scream... :icon_eek:

3. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not necessarily, I thought it was only "officially" available for Tmo. Didn't Google release it for At&t, without At&t knowing. Correct me if I'm wrong.