1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Search Widget

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by chrispt, Dec 16, 2009.

1. chrispt

chrispt New Member

For some reason today, when trying to use the Google Search Widget it will work fine the first time and then it seems to move the Google Search bar near the top, but it is unusable. You try to type in it and get nothing. It's almost like it is a remnant or something. Any thoughts?
  2. chrispt

chrispt New Member

Of course, after I rebooted and tried again I can't create the issue. It's almost like that process got hung or something. I was able to make it do it twice, but not just now.
  3. chrispt

chrispt New Member

It did it again. It doesn't do it all the time, but the way I "fixed" it was to drag the Google Search bar to the trash (which brings up the acore forcing quit message). I let it reset itself and then I add back the Google bar.
  4. bacalao

bacalao New Member

Why keep the widget if you have a button dedicated for it?
    But the widget is cool. I like to maximize some screen real estate.
  5. turtleboyf

turtleboyf New Member

my google widget behaves in the same way....it happens every 3rd search or so. anyone have any updates?
  6. soccerdude6227

soccerdude6227 Member

Not really sure why it does that. But like bacalao said why use the widget. Just press the dedicated search key and it does the same thing. I have never had a problem with that. It seems that all widgets can run into problems seeing as they are somewhat constantly running.
Search tags for this page

droid x google search widgets

droid x2 google search widget

google search box widget android

problems with google search bar widgets