google search, not talking about the new google voice thing

foxdog

Reaction score
after updating the the voice search i noticed that google search was on the market too, a higher version, i thought that that came with all the phones and didnt relize it was on the market. I guess my question is has anyone updated it and dose it have any new things to it? Im woundering if it is worth getting it and loosing the themed lower version one. maby i should just port the theme over... humm...

acepelon

Reaction score
Invaluably, you can now edit your previous searches. You can reskin your widget or wait until the new apk from your ROM builder comes out for it, but talk about awesome. There are little pencils by each previous search that you have done that allow you to edit them. It also will include the new widget and voice search feature.

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
that sounds awesome!!! update it is

RoyR80

Reaction score
after updating the the voice search i noticed that google search was on the market too, a higher version, i thought that that came with all the phones and didnt relize it was on the market. I guess my question is has anyone updated it and dose it have any new things to it? Im woundering if it is worth getting it and loosing the themed lower version one. maby i should just port the theme over... humm...

Nice catch. ;-)

Edit: had to delete old version via "Abs...LI-mod edition", reboot, DL, install. Golden.

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
if i end up retheming it i will upload the apk or link to it

RoyR80

Reaction score
if i end up retheming it i will upload the apk or link to it

Fox, i've lost function of my search button. :-/
(not long press though)
i rest permission's, reboot. fail
uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot, fail.
?
Suggestions?

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
humm... yea give me a bit and ill come up with something lol

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
ok uninstall the one off the market and install the attached file. its not themed or anything like that but it i just installed it and it worked just fine, search button and all. install like a rom or kernel, dont wipe.

edit: let me know how it turned out.

Attachments

• test.zip
    663.1 KB · Views: 199

RoyR80

Reaction score
ok uninstall the one off the market and install the attached file. its not themed or anything like that but it i just installed it and it worked just fine, search button and all. install like a rom or kernel, dont wipe.

edit: let me know how it turned out.

Success! Ur da man. :)
Thanks. i really dont need it to be themed. I'm kewl with the blue icon it uses. ;-) and as for its UI, well i use it so quick like, lol, color dont matter.
but, i dont see it in app manager. however, the search button works, and it is the new version.

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
yea its the widget im working on a theme for. glad it worked for you

RoyR80

Reaction score
yea its the widget im working on a theme for. glad it worked for you

Ahh, i see, and thx again. Sorry man, had to get sum sleep. lol. as for the widget, im personally against (no offense) having a widget for an option/program that has its own, dedicated button. lol. (but to those that use it, right on) long live choice & Android! :icon_ banana: