Google search issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenousryno

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a question that someone might be able to help me answer. So I've had this phone for awhile now, and I love everything about it. However, today out of nowhere whenever I went to Google and started typing in my search, everything I typed in started coming up as * symbols. like I was typing in a password..is there some setting I may have changed by accident that is making this happen? Has anyone else had this problem?

cynnar

Reaction score
I haven't experienced this.

Have you tried the usual power off or battery pull?
I will look to see if there is a setting for the browser.

You might need to post more info about your phone to get a better answer.

Sent from my Droid

OP
R

ravenousryno

Reaction score
Yeah I tried restarting, battery pull, even restoring my phone to factory settings. I've never had this problem thus far. It was even working fine this morning. I'm using the default browser on the thunderbolt. Google picks up what I'm typing, I just can't see it because its all stared out.

Example: Google search "Droid life"
Like I said, Google knows what's there but all I see is "**********"

cynnar

Reaction score
Wow what a difference on the droid app and the computer. Didn't even know that this post was in thunderbolt tech support lol. Sorry about that.

Anyways not real familiar with the the thunderbolt. Have you looked in the keyboard settings to see if there might be something in there to turn on/off?

I haven't found much out there on this but you are not alone. It may be your post and may not but there is also another thread here with no luck either.

OP
R

ravenousryno

Reaction score
Haha yeah I found that aswell. Haha thanks though my man

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cynnar

Reaction score
this was for a totally unrelated problem but you might try it and see if it works.

Try wiping data/cache for the stock browser to work properly. Settings/apps/manage apps/all tab/browser/force stop/wipe data.

I know you said you done a factory reset which should have taken care of that, but who knows.

Also you might try a 3rd party browser like dolphin and see if you get the same results. Have seen that on many post of browser issues.

Also found this post. It might be the problem.

Last edited:

emptypaperheart

Reaction score
Yea I have the same issue does anyone have the fixed yet ?? ;c

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

grace1169

Reaction score
I have the same problem and I get "." when putting in search field. I am using Dolphin now.

Did not get what happened When I refresh Google it seems to clear the problem up.

Status
Not open for further replies.