google search, can i have it or just not yet

wardo

Reaction score
So after reading the workaround options you can still only access googles search through the google voice. Will the 2.2 update add the good ole google page like my HTC incredible as?

I think i am talking my HTC back for the samsung. Does this thing have a front mount video camera for video calls?

Everything else i read sounds good, besides the echoing sound when talking. is this true?

epic_engineering

Reaction score
So after reading the workaround options you can still only access googles search through the google voice. Will the 2.2 update add the good ole google page like my HTC incredible as?

I think i am talking my HTC back for the samsung. Does this thing have a front mount video camera for video calls?

Everything else i read sounds good, besides the echoing sound when talking. is this true?

Verizon just said that when 2.2 comes out you could download goolge search.

You can make this the google search widget just like all other android phones has. Only thing which really doesn't matter is the actually search button on the phone will still go to bing. I never use this button I just normally click the search bar in the widget and type my search.. So google search is coming.

As far as the sound goes, I've had my phone from day one and didn't experience the echo you talked about until yesterday.. And when I did I was way off the beaten path..... Way away in the country inside a car.

So only way I got the echo was in an area with hardly any service not even in 3G inside a car. So I don't expect any other phone would have done to much better.

muzhik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus One
1. root your phone.
2. remove bing junk
3. install dolphin browser + set google to homepage
4. user search button

problem solved until 2.2 comes along

incredible crm

Reaction score
If you root you can get rid of bing and go to google default, with widget and the search button. I tested it on my phone and both route to google. I'm an android noob and I still figured out how to do it. All that is required is rooting and renaming 2 files. If you are interested I can find the link guide and post it :). And it does not have a front facing cam unfortunately :(

wtherrell

Reaction score
If you root you can get rid of bing and go to google default, with widget and the search button. I tested it on my phone and both route to google. I'm an android noob and I still figured out how to do it. All that is required is rooting and renaming 2 files. If you are interested I can find the link guide and post it :). And it does not have a front facing cam unfortunately :(
I use launcher pro plus and it gives you the google search widget with choice of text or voice search.
Also with Dolphin HD browser the search goes immediately thru google--not Bing. Search key at bottom of phone goes to google-not Bing. Can't do it with stock touchwiz or browser unless you root though.