Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Empty shell? What the hell?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
yep, most likely google kept all the patents, research, and good engineers and threw the rest back :)
That's completely untrue, they made a deal to basically get the patents for what would amount to savings over time instead if just licensing from Motorola, they then sold Motorola to lenovo probably with some firm of patent licensing, which in turn gives them money AND keeps Motorola around making things like the moto z with mods etc etc.

Honestly an incredibly intelligent approach if it's something you can afford.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
yep, most likely google kept all the patents, research, and good engineers and threw the rest back :)
Not true. The Turbo, Turbo 2, Moto X Force and Moto Z lines of phones all came after Google and are definitely not phones made by an "empty shell" company.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I know this Forum has become the unofficial Samsung Users Forum, but holy **** there have been some strange conversations lately.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I know this Forum has become the unofficial Samsung Users Forum, but holy **** there have been some strange conversations lately.

In loving it myself. This forum has become my official Android home and news source.

You guys are great, even the people I don't agree with, it's just so easy to have a decent conversation here that doesn't devolve into a flame war and a bunch of idiot fanboi drivel.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
In loving it myself. This forum has become my official Android home and news source.

You guys are great, even the people I don't agree with, it's just so easy to have a decent conversation here that doesn't devolve into a flame war and a bunch of idiot fanboi drivel.

True. I enjoy this Forum also, and the great members here. That's why I have stuck around here so long. I do shake my head in bewilderment sometimes though.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Not true. The Turbo, Turbo 2, Moto X Force and Moto Z lines of phones all came after Google and are definitely not phones made by an "empty shell" company.

You both missed the point and misunderstood what I was getting at. I never said it was an empty shell company. google took what the wanted and sold what they did not want to keep for themselves. it is a fact Motorola was not the same company it was before the sale. However between them and Lenovo things turned out good for them with some great phones.

depending on the article you read. google kept either most or all of the patents. of course any time a business is sold, there will be agreements regarding patents, technology and other intellectual property relating to the businesses future.