Google Rolling Out Inbox Invites

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you applied for an Inbox Invite earlier this week you should now have your invitation to join. Inbox aims to be a fresh approach to email. This is the inbox that works for you. The design team took what they learned from Gmail and applied it to this all new approach to email. Inbox bundles types of eamils together (ie promos with promos, purchases with purchase, travel with travel ect.) This makes it easier to find what you are looking for. You can also create your own custom bundles. Inbox gives you your highlights at a glance so you don't have to scroll through endless useless emails to get to the important stuff. Reminders allow you to add notes to the top of your email so you don't forget. You can "snooze" messages for later. This is better than just dismissing the notification which can lead to you forgetting to respond. Once you have snoozed an email it will re notify you at that later time so you don't forget to respond. The list of features just goes on and on. If you have already requested an invite it should be in your inbox. Install the app from the invite, sign in using the same email you received the invite with, it should auto populate your unique code, if not there is a place to enter it in the app. Head to the link below to request your invite.

Via Google

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Can people send out invites as well, or are they only coming from Google right now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Please invite me! PM me and I'll send you my email address.
Apparently it takes a little while before users can invite others. According to the post I'm reading on Reddit, it can take up to 2-3 days for the ability to invite others to show up in your inbox.

Hang tight! I'm sure there'll be plenty floating around the forum in a day or two.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm not entirely impressed yet, especially since emails from this forum are bundled into "Updates" instead of "Forums" by default. I'm sure it'll learn as I continue to move them, but seriously...It says Forum in the subject line!

stonecaster

Reaction score
Does anyone know, if I am currently using Google apps, will I be able to receive and use a Inbox invite? Or can they only be sent and used to @gmail.com address?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Does anyone know, if I am currently using Google apps, will I be able to receive and use a Inbox invite? Or can they only be sent and used to @gmail.com address?
Right now, Inbox by Gmail is available by invite only. Google has not given current users the ability to invite their friends. To gain access, you will need to send a request for an invite to [email protected]. Note: Google Apps is not currently supported.

dja1980

Reaction score
I must be missing something. Is this just an alternative to the Gmail app? If the "design team took what they learned from Gmail", why did Google need to create an entirely new app rather than simply updating the Gmail app? I guess I'm confused as to why Google is offering 2 separate email apps. Is it just a matter of preference?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I must be missing something. Is this just an alternative to the Gmail app? If the "design team took what they learned from Gmail", why did Google need to create an entirely new app rather than simply updating the Gmail app? I guess I'm confused as to why Google is offering 2 separate email apps. Is it just a matter of preference?
It's considerably different than Gmail with how it organizes emails and etc for you. It's kinda like Priority Inbox on Super Steroids.

If they released this to the general public as a gmail update, people would FREAK.

Knowing what I was getting into, it's pretty slick with a little bit of tweaking. Will be interested to see where they take this. I jumped in feet first and disabled notifications in the gmail app so I can be sure that I'm giving Inbox a fair shake.

If nothing else, it's a lot prettier than gmail. Haha

dja1980

Reaction score
Ah... that makes sense... makes me wonder if the 2 apps will eventually be merged in the future. I'm also a Gapps user, so I'll have to wait until it's supported before I can give it a test-drive.

bswnyca

Reaction score
It's considerably different than Gmail with how it organizes emails and etc for you. It's kinda like Priority Inbox on Super Steroids.
I jumped in feet first
share the wealth? please send me an invite. thanks