Google Releases Gesture Search for Android

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
Am I the only one having problems? Ever since I installed it, my Droid kept locking up and I had to reboot twice. I uninstalled it and everything is fine. I'm running BB v1.2 and Chevy's kernel 1.2ghz. Anyone else have issues?

ipawd1

Reaction score
I try to use gesture, but its all screwed up. I wrote "Will" in order to find williams... no go

gentlefury

Reaction score
this would be a nice OS addition like say tap magnifying glass 2x to bring it up.

johall07

Reaction score
i wish they would make the regular search look more like the gestures..much easier to look at and seems a little bit smoother

ipawd1

Reaction score
okay still trying this thing. For some reason say I'm searching for Gmail.

I write the G... wait. M...wait....A....wait. I... wait... L...wait. Nothing shows up.

Then I backspace out of frustration, and see its pulled up Quick settings, Randy, Andrea, and everything NON related to gmail

brock

Reaction score
they should make it so you hold 2 fingers down on the screen to bring up gestures, and then you start with the gestures on the screen.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to admit this thing us pretty cool, but it's still definitely rough around the edges. Sometimes it doesn't correctly recognize my gestures, and it misinterpretes my backspace gesture for spaces a lot. also recognition is so slow. can't wait until they perfect this app and optimize to run faster.

Mojo

Reaction score
I am diggin this app... but would be much better if it was intergrated into the OS and original search feature.

dbmorris

Reaction score
Working great here as well. Pretty awesome. One thing I missed about the BB after upgrading to the droid was the ability to hold down a button to make a quick call, i.e. hold D to call Danny. This is a nice move in that direction. Will only improve I would imagine.

Danny

lockman

Reaction score
Fun, works perfectly. All but useless for me since it's an app. Could find what I'm looking for quicker without it. Now, if it was added to the O.S., that'd totally change my view. It has great potential.

ipawd1

Reaction score
It'll be EPIC when they integrate it into "search" on the four bottom home icons