Google Project Fi Review (with Nexus 6)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I understand Sprint and T-Mo are continuously upgrading and expanding their network, so the Project Fi service is only going to keep getting better.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
They maybe doing upgrades but they still get crappy service reports in my area.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
If you are with TMO right now then this service would be a no brainer. I use wifi calling on my current phone all of the time, but on the wife's Note 4 it isn't as stable of a connection.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Yeah Sprint and Tmo have the worst service in my area, so I'm not sure how great this service would be in NH

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Great info.

I just received my invite this morning. Trying to decide if I'm going to jump on it or not. I'm leaning towards going for it.

Raydee35

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if there are any updates on Fi? My contact is just about up with Verizon and after 15 years I am ready to jump ship. I barely use 1 gig of data each month between two phones so I think this will be a huge savings for me. I am sure I will miss my Samsung Note phones but the savings will be worth it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Signed up for it awhile back and still haven't gotten anything. I don't know if I'd actually jump ship though... Maybe use it for a test run depending on how a subscription works, gotta read more into it.

Great review and thanks for sharing!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have already shared my results with staff but compared to At&t and Verizon this is not going to cut it. But when you look at the pricing for the service it really is not meant to compete with Verizon or ATT (at least not yet). Right now if you are a customer who rely on Virgin Mobile, Boost, or Cricket then this is a good option for you as the service is on par with what you are on now at a price point that would be ideal. If you are one who chose Verizon or AT&T for reliability then this service may not be for you for anything other than just to throw money down to play on.