Google Powered Canadian Beer Fridge Needs Multiple Languages to Open

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Here's a fun little video for fans of Google, fans of beer, and especially fans of Canadian beer. Molson Canada created a smart fridge that has some specific requirements before it will offer up it's ice cold beer. It has been outfitted with a Google Translate mechanism, and needs the phrase “I am Canadian” spoken in six different languages before it will open. It was then dropped in the middle of a busy thoroughfare (Right across from the St.Lawrence Market) and hilarity ensues.

The fridge was designed by a team-up between Google and Thinking Box, and is a crafty idea to get folks to work together with different languages. It was commissioned to celebrate Canada’s cultural diversity, and to commemorate the country’s birthday on July 1st. The next time it will be showcased will be July 10th in Toronto, just before the Pan Am Games.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That was awesome! I think I know where that was filmed. I love traveling to Canada....awesome place. And the beer is pretty good too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mackie08

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Awesome! This is a clever marketing strategy. Fun and interactive!!! Please bring this Google Beer Fridge in SG!!!!!! :D:D:D

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Jesus, why did that make me tear up? I must be having a worse week than I thought, very cool video.