google play

Hoodedzeus

Reaction score
I just got this phone yesterday and I'm having a problem with the Google play app not wanting to open. Have rebooted the phone several times and still nothing. As soon as you open it it just closes again by itself. Really frustrating just getting the phone yesterday and already having these problems. Got any ideas??

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Couple of thoughts. You need to set up a Google account first, (just an FYI). Go to settings - apps - all and find the Play app, tell it to clear the cache and restart - try again. If that doesn't work find it again and this time clear cache AND data. If that failes, delete the account, restart and add it back.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If leeshor's recommendations don't work, and it's a new phone from your carrier, I'd bring it back and have them fix it. There's no reason it shouldn't work if it's new

PhishyKris

Reaction score
It might be updating to the current version automatically. Google has been pushing out bits and pieces lately. Get the WiFi connected first and foremost. Seems that NOTHING happens properly on Android when you are offline.