Google play store

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
well after constant wavering..I decided to go with the GN......just starting to play around and get familiar with it.....

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
i connected data cable ..transferred my ringtones to the phone.....how do i set the ringtone i want....??.....they do not show in ringtones category but in storage apps ..

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
quick question...i have .apk files on my pc...what folder do I transfer them to ....//////thanks

also i tried to install the .apk files from my gmail acct, but it said cannot install app because it was not from google store??..is there anything i can do i settings to unblock it??

thanks

Last edited:

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
One way I got an .apk from my PC to phone: my Google Drive.

Downloaded the .apk from the web site to my PC...opened up Google Drive on my PC and dropped the .apk in there...then went to my phone, opened Google Drive on it, and loaded the .apk from there.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
thanks I will look into it and try it

You will need to go to settings > security > unknown sources first. I forgot to mention that, although it should pop up with an explanation taking you there.

Be careful with apps you are getting from 3rd parties, especially untrusted sources and pirated apps. There have been quite a few that have been found to have malware or some other sort of bad alterations done to them, from what I have read. With the Play Store you should use your best judgement of what you install from there too, but random locations have less policing and activity than Google's Market. Pay attention to permissions it needs. I personally dislike installing apps from a 3rd party unless I trust the dev or folks have tested it out before me.

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
ok i d/l solid explorer...so then I would for example create a folder called APK..put the files in there????...then go to that folder on the phone??

one other thing is my google drive an app??

thanks guys

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
sorry one other thing I tried to d/ a apk from the google store and got this message........You haven't accessed the Google Play Store app (the white shopping bag app icon) on your device with this email account....i d/l solid explorer from the google app and tried to d/ another file and got that msg....what do i do??

thanks again

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
ok i d/l solid explorer...so then I would for example create a folder called APK..put the files in there????...then go to that folder on the phone??

thanks guys

Yeah you can call the folder whatever you want, Stuff to install, APK , whatever... You don't even really need to put them in a folder, just put them somewhere you will know where they are. Then open solid explorer, browse to where they are, and click on each one to install it. You will need to allow unknown sources if you haven't done so, which I discussed last post.

Google Drive is a cloud storage service, to where you can upload stuff from your PC to the cloud (linked to your gmail account). You then access it from the internet or the Google Drive app itself. If you download an app, it gives you an option to install it after downloading, which is why the guy offered that bit of advice. You don't need to use Google Drive if you use the method I described. You wouldn't need Solid explorer if you use his method.

sorry one other thing I tried to d/ a apk from the google store and got this message........You haven't accessed the Google Play Store app (the white shopping bag app icon) on your device with this email account....i d/l solid explorer from the google app and tried to d/ another file and got that msg....what do i do??

thanks again

Go to your market, press the menu button (3 dots in right corner), go to accounts, your gmail account is listed and selected?

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
trackman1 said:

Yeah, Google Drive is an app you would download at least to your phone. It's essentially Google's cloud solution. Handy to have if you need access to various documents from anywhere...install it on all your devices and you can get to your stuff from anywhere.