Google Play Store Won't Download Apps

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Weird problem.
When I go to Google Play on my desktop PC, and navigate to the app store and select an app to be installed to my phone, it gives me my current phone (Rezound) as an option to install to along with my previous phone (D2), as it should.

However, now there is also another phone on there that I have never owned. It's a T-Mobile Samsung GTI9100. I am a Verizon customer...not even on T-Mobile. Nobody on our plan has ever owned that phone, not even when we were with T-Mobile 4 years ago.

Also... I can't get the apps to actually go to my phone.
The Google Play Store apps that I chose are marked as "installed", but they never got to my phone.

Weird.
Thoughts?

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Ok, the apps finally downloaded. Took like an hour. Odd. But there is still that issue with the rogue phone on my Google Play Store account. ????

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Are you connected through wifi while downloading? Try using 3G or 4G. After clicking on "install" from web, open up play store on your phone and it should start downloading...

As far as that "rogue" device, you can just ignore that. Doesn't really matter. I have like 4 old devices of mine that I don't even own anymore in my list.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You can also try to clear cache / data in system settings / app manager / all / google play store to see if that helps after wicked's suggestions as well.

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Are you connected through wifi while downloading? Try using 3G or 4G. After clicking on "install" from web, open up play store on your phone and it should start downloading...
I think I was on WIFI...and it downloaded eventually. It may have been when I switched to data.

As far as that "rogue" device, you can just ignore that. Doesn't really matter. I have like 4 old devices of mine that I don't even own anymore in my list.
Yeah, but, that's not an old phone of mine. I have never owned that phone. It's not even a phone that can be used on my provider, Verizon.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I think I was on WIFI...and it downloaded eventually. It may have been when I switched to data.

Yeah, but, that's not an old phone of mine. I have never owned that phone. It's not even a phone that can be used on my provider, Verizon.

Yeah, try downloading app while on data and not wifi. My Galaxy Nexus is picky like that. For some reason, it takes forever to download when connected via wifi.

Hmm, I guess try contacting google about unknown device to have it removed.

comk4ver

Reaction score
You should be able to remove the device from the play store website under settings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta