Google Play Store doesn't seem to remember my purchased apps.

StanH

Reaction score
I just bought a new Droid RAZR MAXX HD because I lost my Droid X. I have been told by Verizon that Play Store remembers my purchases so I don't have to pay a second time to download and install them. But Google doesn't seem to remember and wants to charge me again. Is there some unique procedure I should be using? Is there a way to get the list of apps that Google should have that I bought from Play Store?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I just bought a new Droid RAZR MAXX HD because I lost my Droid X. I have been told by Verizon that Play Store remembers my purchases so I don't have to pay a second time to download and install them. But Google doesn't seem to remember and wants to charge me again. Is there some unique procedure I should be using? Is there a way to get the list of apps that Google should have that I bought from Play Store?

Play store remembers what you purchased by being logged into Google. You have to have a GMail account and must be logged in to purchase apps, so there's no reason I can surmise that would cause you the issue you're dealing with.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

OP
S

StanH

Reaction score
I have a Gmail account. I usually install the free version of an app first. I wonder if the apps that I upgraded were from within the app and could bypass Google? If I find the phone I lost I will be able to trace the problem.

I did find the Play Store list of my apps and it did not have any non-free ones listed. I only bought a 6 to 8 or so, but it wasn't zero.

OP
S

StanH

Reaction score
Play store remembers what you purchased by being logged into Google. You have to have a GMail account and must be logged in to purchase apps, so there's no reason I can surmise that would cause you the issue you're dealing with.
I found the problem. I had forgotten that I had two Google accounts. When I installed the other account on my new phone all the apps showed up on line at https://play.google.com/apps.