Google Play Store/Android Market APK Available Complete with Cool New Features

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google_play_small_logo.gif

There is a new leaked Google Play Store (formerly known as The Android Market) APK, v3.5.15, available for download. The folks at AndroidPolice found it and were kind enough to post it up. There are several new changes and features including a new tabbed My Apps interface, new review features & more. Here's a quote from the AndroidPolice article with more details,

• 1. You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
    2. The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).
    3. The list of apps you have purchased but uninstalled or haven't installed yet has moved to the All tab... which means it's now mixed in with the free apps you no longer have on the device. I'm not sure how I feel about that - on one hand, I like that it's gone from the first list, but ideally there should be a way to filter paid apps from free in the All list. Maybe someday...
    4. A few of the stock apps that apparently never got linked to the Play Store before got identified and picked up this time, and updates to such orphans were waiting for me when I fired the Store up. I've complained about this very bug in my last rant, and it looks like someone listened.
    5. Just like in the web Play Store:
    • reviews now show the device used by the reviewer
    • reviews can now be sorted by Most Helpful first or Newest first
    • you can now filter reviews to show ones for the latest version of the app as well as made by only the device you are using
Although this is just a leak and hasn't been officially released, it is still legit, and worth checking out. Here are some download links.

Download Links:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3

Source: AndroidPolice

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Dunno if it's just me, or if this is a glitch, but the second I ran this sucker, it started to update all of my frozen apps.

To quote that one extra from Red vs Blue, this shouldn't be physically possible!

ducky124

Reaction score
I am running Eclipse 2.2 on my bionic and it
will not install, any suggestions?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I just officially got it. Was about to download it from here, got a notification about apps hving updates, clicked on it, and it showed my Installed list and All list.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Ducky, you can't just "install" system apps per say. You either have to:
1. Not sure on this but use adb to install.
2. Use adb to push to the /system/app folder but you need root for this I believe.
3. If you have root, use a file explorer (ES File Explorer is free and allows root access), to copy and paste the apk in to your system/app/ then set permissions accordingly.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ducky, you can't just "install" system apps per say. You either have to:
1. Not sure on this but use adb to install.
2. Use adb to push to the /system/app folder but you need root for this I believe.
3. If you have root, use a file explorer (ES File Explorer is free and allows root access), to copy and paste the apk in to your system/app/ then set permissions accordingly.

This is an update to a current app. You can just install it. That's what I did. No ADB, no file explorer. Downloaded, installed, ran fine.

"Ready to do nothing at a moments notice."

geoff5093

Reaction score
This is an update to a current app. You can just install it. That's what I did. No ADB, no file explorer. Downloaded, installed, ran fine.

"Ready to do nothing at a moments notice."
+1

Worked fine for me on my Thunderbolt

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P

I would Force Stop the Play Store application first, then attempt to install the new APK. This is the process that I took, and it worked flawlessly.

techinv

Reaction score
Anyone else notice issues after installing this? My GNex has gone through activations twice in 2 days and the play store thing was my last major change.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Chukee

Reaction score
I just cleared my cache and data and it installed over the air so i guess they are rolling it out now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
now it shows every app i ever downloaded. dont like that. too much crap in there.