Google Play Not Updating Apps

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that Google Play no longer auto updates apps. I've always had "Auto Update Apps" checked under "Settings". Previously, I'd see apps updating automatically in the Notification bar. Now, if you open Google Play and go to Settings>My Apps, you'll see a bunch of apps that need updating.

RH

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
ive had apps auto update the last couple of days, including google voice today.

it doesnt happen instantly. sometimes i would go to my apps and see updates available and then never update it manually, but see them update by themselves later on. i dont think it is the moment the updated app is available that it is pushed to you.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a bunch push today for the first time since the name change on both my phone and Galaxy Tab

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Mine always updated automatically before and I just found a few in there just sitting.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else do a clear data after the name change? I haven't had a problem since the new version/name change hit.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else do a clear data after the name change? I haven't had a problem since the new version/name change hit.

Yes I did on the Tab.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

VidJunky

Reaction score
Autoupdate is great feature but often you would like to see what is actully changed in the application. I have created app that shows notification on any application update and allows to go directly to app page on Google Play. There you can check What’s New section.

Check it out:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cleansoft.whatsnew

There was a big deal made about Google Play auto updating when they changed. They will only auto update apps who's permissions have not changed. If any permissions change, are added, or deleted they will not auto update.

Islander53

Reaction score
Mine always updates with the Apps that I've selected for Autoupdate. It will also notify of pending updates for the ones that have not been selected for Autoupdates