Google Play Music

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

So, one of my best friends mentioned to me that Google is offering streaming radio/music, etc. via their Google Music app. I actually use Pandora currently and had no idea Google had this. Anyhow, I installed it, and Google is doing a free 30 day subscription to test it out. So far I LOVE it. What does everyone else think? Has anyone else used it? I think it's $9.99 a month after the free month. Haven't decided personally if I will keep it, but it's possible at this point. Also, bonus points if you actually know who this band is.

- Mandy

Google_Play.png

haskelle

Reaction score
Personally, I think it's ok but there is better out there...

For the same price, Spotify has a much larger selection.

Music discovery seemed lacking for me. My main app for this is Songify [free] which recommends playlists for you a la the concierge feature (sensitive to what time of day / what day it is / what activities you are doing).

OP
Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think it's ok but there is better out there...

For the same price, Spotify has a much larger selection.

Music discovery seemed lacking for me. My main app for this is Songify [free] which recommends playlists for you a la the concierge feature (sensitive to what time of day / what day it is / what activities you are doing).

Thats pretty cool. Had never heard of Songify. Very cool. Thanks!

OP
Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
OMG I am listening to the new Weird Al album. Its a song called Party in the CIA (parody of Party in the USA). Its soo funny Im rolling.

Link: [video=youtube;5NxehDlWVec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NxehDlWVec[/video]

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Been using Google Music All Access for about two months. Started using it when it was first announced at Google I/O. I started when the promotion offered the service at $7.99 a month. I love it so far. I still have Pandora and use it some but use Play Music All Access more.

fireman00

Reaction score
I took advantage of the free month. You can find a LOT of music but it is not very intuitive to use. There is little in the way of creating your own station. I'm sticking with Slacker.