1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Play Music issues

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by metalspring, Apr 16, 2012.

1. metalspring

metalspring New Member

So i've been using Google music for awhile now because of its simplicity (and now its sound effects integration) but theres an annoying issue i have with it...
    I have about 1400 songs on my phone, many were missing album names or had incorrect ones so i just used Itunes to delete all of my songs album names for contiguity but google music assigns them an album (music) and it causes all kinds of issues where i pick an artist, then it says to pick the album (music) but instead of showing me songs by that artist it shows ALL my music...
    for example looking for songs by AC/DC

View attachment 49194

Then clicking on it gets me this which is ALL my songs, not just the ones by AC/DC

View attachment 49195

Even if i try to do it by searching i get this

View attachment 49196

Then-

View attachment 49197

And finally...

View attachment 49198

Any suggestions??? (i have 1400 songs so going back and re-assigning them album names myself isnt really an option...) So far i've tried wiping the music app data, rescanning media, uninstalling/reinstalling app...its odd because other music apps work just fine but i want to know if i can get google music to work
  2. gesutton

gesutton New Member

Save yourself some time and don't bother with adding albums. I spent days with MediaMonkey assigning albums to my 10,000 audio files and still Google Play on Android shows all artists on an album. I have about 10 DVDs full of old-time-radio shows with dozens of artists per "DVD Album" so there is no way to just get a list of shows from one artist. My work around was to go to Google Play on a desktop and create a playlist for each artist. GP on the desktop works correctly and lists out songs by artist so it is fairly easy to select all songs under an artist and add them to a new playlist.
Search tags for this page
google music issues
google music sound problems
google play audio issues
google play music android problems
google play music app issues
google play music is not working

google play music issues

google play music not working
google play music problem

google play music problems

google play music troubleshooting