Google Play Music All Access Free Trial Doubled To Two Months!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Google seems to be pushing their All Access Subscription service for Google Music. I have been using this now for a few months, and have to say that I have not really found too many songs that were not available on the service. For the most part I am able to listen to anything I want. The best part about this service is that I am able to listen to entire albums, and for $9.99 a month you can't beat that. Most albums from my childhood cost anywhere between $10-$20!

Google wants you to try this service out, and they have sweetened their free trial deal by doubling it! For a limited time you can try it out for 60 days for free. There are over 30million songs included, oh and NO ADVERTISING!

via Play Music

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Google Play... I'm always concerned that I'm missing out on other music services. I locked in at $7.99 when it first came out and I've been ecstatic about it. I don't even consider any other services.

Has anyone tried any other services along with GP? How does it compare?

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Why can't I apply my opinion credits to an album? Simply charge my card for the remaining balance!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Google Play... I'm always concerned that I'm missing out on other music services. I locked in at $7.99 when it first came out and I've been ecstatic about it. I don't even consider any other services.

Has anyone tried any other services along with GP? How does it compare?
I started off with Amazon music, but never fully utilized it after uploading some of my already owned tunes to it. I jumped on the $7.99 plan with GP as well. I tried the free versions of spotify and pandora. No option to pick specific songs sucks. GP does a GREAT job of creating "stations" from songs I choose (I'm sure I don't have to tell you that).

I actually used a Visa gift card to make the payment one month and forgot to switch it back. They cancelled it on me, but I hurried up and switched it back to my actual full-time payment source and they still honored my price per month. I've got over 6k songs uploaded into my library and even more than that added through the app.

Why can't I apply my opinion credits to an album? Simply charge my card for the remaining balance!
In my experience, your balance has to be equal to or greater than any purchase you want to make. I do Google Opinion Rewards surveys for some change here and there and would love to put that $2 (when that's all I have) towards the purchase of a $4 app, but it gives no option there either. Apparently, they don't like to split payment sources.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm with you guys, I jumped on at the beginning at $7.99, and the three months of free Netflix. Gladly pay my fees every month, I have found a few artists not on there, but no show stoppers. Was pretty stoked they added the entire Metallica discography a month or so ago.

Also exploring new music every Tuesday is fun. We do still pay for Pandora One for my wife since we can't share this Google Music without putting my account on her phone. But the experience does not come close to Google Music.

The only thing I would like is the alarm feature Pandora has. I still use them for that, if Google Music added that it would kill Pandora completely for me.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I am also on the $7.99 option. With GPM allowing you to have it on 5 devices my family is mostly covered.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I've been using Beats Music for awhile now and I really like it. I have noticed that Google Play and Beats basically offer the same music. There have been a few on one but not the other etc. but overall they are very similar. I have been trying Google Play for the last month since it's free for 2 months. Still havent decided if I like one or the other better. Have another month to make up my mind which to keep. Musically speaking they are even, interface I like Beats better, but I'm not a fan of Apple so I'm torn on which to keep right now. I like the fact that Beats will just bill my carrier and I'm not sure if Google can be set up that way or not. Beats will also let my wife and son log on too. Decisions, decisions...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Seems like music streaming is similar to video streaming. Amazon Prime and Netflix offer a lot of the same with a few exceptions on each. If it wasn't for the shipping and other discounts, I wouldn't have Amazon, mostly because I've used Netflix longer and am more comfortable with it's UI.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
I like the layout of Beats a lot better but hate that I can't create a playlist using the web. I also like that I have the option of storing 50,000 songs of my own in the cloud with Google play. Beats also doesnt seem to work well without wifi. Every time I've tried to play it in my car on the nerwork it wants to be in offline mode while Google Play works every time. As for Netflix/Amazon/Hulu, I pick Netflix because I have been with them since the old DVD in the mail days. I get Hulu free every month using Bing Reward points but the ads in a paid app turn me off. If I had to pay for it without reward points I wouldnt have it. I'd love to use Amazon Video but I can't come up with $100 in one pop for a Prime account. If they had a monthly plan like Netflix and Hulu I would have an account in a heartbeat!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I like the layout of Beats a lot better but hate that I can't create a playlist using the web. I also like that I have the option of storing 50,000 songs of my own in the cloud with Google play. Beats also doesnt seem to work well without wifi. Every time I've tried to play it in my car on the nerwork it wants to be in offline mode while Google Play works every time. As for Netflix/Amazon/Hulu, I pick Netflix because I have been with them since the old DVD in the mail days. I get Hulu free every month using Bing Reward points but the ads in a paid app turn me off. If I had to pay for it without reward points I wouldnt have it. I'd love to use Amazon Video but I can't come up with $100 in one pop for a Prime account. If they had a monthly plan like Netflix and Hulu I would have an account in a heartbeat!

I would hate not being able to make playlists/etc using the web. That's another big draw for me with GP. When I'm in my office for extended periods of time, I often pull it up in Chrome and create SFW playlists to listen to for the day.

As for Amazon...You do realize you could set $10 aside each month, then sign up and continue setting that $10 aside each month, right? And you'd still have a little extra something to get yourself something nice with that free 2-day shipping. ;)

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
That would take me 10 months before I could sign up.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
E="Jonny Kansas, post: 2618724, member: 29890"]True, but you could pay for it. & if you're interested, 10 months is a better wait than never.

Sent from my Note 4[/QUOTE]
Thats true and buy 2 things and you get your 10 back for the month.