Google Play connection timeout

Tanro

Reaction score
I have a Droid A855, just got it after not having a smart phone for over a year. My last smart phone was a droid. Chose this one because of the price point, and it had the only 2 features I care about, mp3 playback, and bluetooth for the MMCDroid app.

However google play keeps installing itself over the market, I can download apps on the market, but just 1-2 before google play installs. Everytime I open google play it just times out, I hit retry and get a timeout.

Connected over wifi, can get on the net fine, check facebook, gmail, etc etc. The only thing that doesn't work is google play. I have cleared the cache, and tryed clearing all data on google play as well.

OP
T

Tanro

Reaction score
If I root this phone would it be possible to disable the phone's automatic download of google play? Cause that crap just doesn't work with my ISP.

OP
T

Tanro

Reaction score
Christ this is frustrating, phone is basically a brick until I can figure out a work around to use the old market and prevent this google play crap from auto installing itself. My assumption is that it will not work on a satellite internet connection due to the inherent latency.