1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Play connection timeout

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Tanro, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Tanro

Tanro New Member

I have a Droid A855, just got it after not having a smart phone for over a year. My last smart phone was a droid. Chose this one because of the price point, and it had the only 2 features I care about, mp3 playback, and bluetooth for the MMCDroid app.

However google play keeps installing itself over the market, I can download apps on the market, but just 1-2 before google play installs. Everytime I open google play it just times out, I hit retry and get a timeout.

Connected over wifi, can get on the net fine, check facebook, gmail, etc etc. The only thing that doesn't work is google play. I have cleared the cache, and tryed clearing all data on google play as well.
  2. Tanro

Tanro New Member

If I root this phone would it be possible to disable the phone's automatic download of google play? Cause that crap just doesn't work with my ISP.
  3. Tanro

Tanro New Member

Christ this is frustrating, phone is basically a brick until I can figure out a work around to use the old market and prevent this google play crap from auto installing itself. My assumption is that it will not work on a satellite internet connection due to the inherent latency.
Search tags for this page

connection timed out google play

connection timed out play store
connection timed out retry play store
connection timeout play store
droid x2 play store connection timeout

google play connection timed out

google play connection timed out wifi

google play keeps timing out

google play store keeps timing out

google play time out
google play timeout