Google Play Card

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Just a little heads up to anyone considering buying a 25 dollar google play card at there local gamestop or whatever it may be. my brother just bought his first Android phone after being a loyal Apple user for years. He purchased a 25 dollar google play card at Gamestop locally. Upon scratching off the covering of the numbers the first 4 numbers came off and are unreadable. Due to this he is unable to use the card. We seem to figure out the first and last of the 4 but the middle 2 are still a mystery. We guessed over 20 times and none of them worked. He contacted Google by phone and by email after spending 2 days talking to several different people no 1 was able to help him. He was simply told to go back to gamestop and return it for another. When he returned to gamestop they refuse to change his card or refund a money basically said that is a third party card through Google and to handle the matter with Google. Assessing time with Google now they basically said there's nothing they can do. He has his receipt but unfortunately paid cash for the card. At this point I'm not even sure what to tell them but it's not a good way to start out with someone came over to Android from an iPhone. He spent over 1000 dollars on iTunes apps, music movies, games in last few years and never had a single problem with a card or purchase. I don't even know what to tell him but I feel bad because I told him android and Google were both excellent and I had no problems with either one. If anyone has a suggestion on what to do next please share because I'm baffled by the fact that Google not do anything for him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JoseGonzIII

Reaction score
Similar problem, same outcome.

I recently went to Gamestop, planning to purchase Black Ops II. I had extra money due to the game being on sale, so I bought a card for my new Nextbook Premium 7SE with Google Play tablet. It was a $10 card. That day, I was able to get the balance in my Google Wallet account, but it would cancel my downloads. This went on for three days, so I called Google. They said try once a day to get it working if the problem continued. After 5 days, I call back saying it isn't working. They then said I did not wait 24 hours before attempting a purchase. So then then told me to try the three times 24 hours apart. 10 days since I got the card, still nothing. I never had problems with Android, it is actually my preferred OS. Something needs to give. Either I can get my money back, they fix it, or I will be switching to either iOS or Windows (Phone) 8 for my personal devices.