Google Play Apps

deborah3756

Reaction score
Well, I guess complaining does work sometimes. Some of the apps I bought from Google play store that hadn't been updated in a long time, are being updated.

I complained to Google Play about Next Launcher and Google Play gave me a one time complementary refund.

Low and behold, a couple of weeks later. Next Launcher has a big update.

Too late for me, I've received my refund. But I'm happy they updated the app.

Other apps like Beautiful Widgets and PixelPhone Pro have also done updates after a long hiatus.

I'll stick with Nova Launcher.

Make yourself heard and maybe changes will happen.

Thanks Developers!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm thinking that's a coincidence. I doubt that Google forwards every complaint on to each developer and even if they do, I doubt that developers of highly popular apps like those you've mentioned here have a chance to read and review every complaint/email they get.

However, never hurts to make your voice heard!

OP
deborah3756

deborah3756

Reaction score
I'm thinking that's a coincidence. I doubt that Google forwards every complaint on to each developer and even if they do, I doubt that developers of highly popular apps like those you've mentioned here have a chance to read and review every complaint/email they get.

However, never hurts to make your voice heard!
Yeah, it could be coincidence. Either way, I'm just glad my favs are being updated.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You also have to keep in mind, the delay on many updates often has to do with Google OS updates. (Depending on what device you have) for example, if you recently updated to Lollipop, it may take some time for developers to update their apps to reflect and/or be compatible with this update. I know this was a major concern early on when lollipop was released, and to this day, many apps in the Play Store still have not been updated for Lollipop.
Your best bet going forward would be to contact the app developer directly to ask about updates, as opposed to Google.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I leave my opinion on Google Play reviews. They are specific reviews that highlight the pros and cons. Often times I get responses from developers to help them trouble shoot issues.

They really value those high star ratings. Make them earn them.