Google Pixel 6

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
This may very well be my next phone. I sure hope that it has some truly "flagship" features. Otherwise, I might join most of my other relatives and go over to the "Dark Side."

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It would be nice to see a return to the flagship and I agree with the camera reaching its limit ..time to get to that next level ...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Ha! I was just coming here to start a Pixel 6 rumor thread. I have seen some articles that rumor there will be face unlock AND an in screen fingerprint sensor, giving folks dual biometric unlock options. That would be sweet! Of course it's very early in the year and everything is just rumors right now. But like kmf1 said...the Pixel 6 will be my next phone this Fall (unless something truly spectacular happens from Moto).

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Time will tell about a new and improved camera sensor. Probably needed.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
After seeing the Pixel 5 in use for a few months now, I would be perfectly fine with that chip in a Pixel 6. It might not work for everyone's needs, but would certainly be fine for my needs.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I bought my Pixel 2XL for many reasons, including flagship hardware and software. At the time, the finest camera of any mobile phone. Being the 1st to get monthly security updates and feature drops is a huge plus. With the purchase of my Pixel 4XL, the same high-end specs, etc. No official specs for the 6 series yet. I'm willing to pay for the latest-greatest processor, etc. I really don't want to settle for what might be okay. Like the other manufactures, Google should offer a truly top of the line model, along with moderately equipped/priced models. Eliminating the free high quality photo storage with new models is a major step backwards. There's a lot of time between now and October, so time will tell. But, depending on what Google decides to do, I might be going over to the "darkside." I would miss you all, but...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Some new rumors suggest that Google is building their own SoC for use on Pixel phones (and Chromebooks) in 2021. Very interesting!

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
GOOGLE PIXEL 6 - EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK! Wild new design, features, and more!

Wild new design, features, and more! In this episode, we go over the brand new design for Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro, in a new Front Page Tech exclusive!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro will be the next flagship smartphones from Google and the first look of the handsets have been revealed which shows Google is going with some aggressive designs with the latest Pixel handsets. Google is changing the design both at the front and back bringing it more in line with the latest flagship phones from other brands.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk