Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Google Pixel 5 - FIRST LOOK!
Google Pixel 5 first look has been revealed and it shows a rather quite large camera setup. Google will unveil Google Pixel 5 and Google Pixel 5 XL in October this year.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Google Pixel 5 Looks Interesting...

The new design of Google Pixel 5 looks very interesting. Finally an ultra wide angle lens. Snapdragon 865, Android 11 & More.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Google Pixel 5 - THIS IS SHOCKING!

Google Pixel 5 won't be a flagship phone we were expecting according to new information. Google will unveil Google Pixel 5 and Google Pixel 5 XL in October.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What if we all stop worrying about "flagship" specs and what is a "flagship" phone for a second? I know....most tech enthusiasts can't do that...but just try. Why hasn't the Pixel line sold as much as Google expected? They are too expensive for what you get. Period. Not bad phones at all, just too expensive compared to the competition. I read this earlier and wanted to share:

This isn't about Google's next phone being mid-range or any other range.
Which processor is in the phone doesn't matter as much as people like to think. Google needs to get the "whole package" right, at the right price point. If they do that, this could be Google's best chance yet at actually selling a large number of phones.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What if we all stop worrying about "flagship" specs and what is a "flagship" phone for a second? I know....most tech enthusiasts can't do that...but just try. Why hasn't the Pixel line sold as much as Google expected? They are too expensive for what you get. Period. Not bad phones at all, just too expensive compared to the competition. I read this earlier and wanted to share:

This isn't about Google's next phone being mid-range or any other range.
Which processor is in the phone doesn't matter as much as people like to think. Google needs to get the "whole package" right, at the right price point. If they do that, this could be Google's best chance yet at actually selling a large number of phones.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Pixel 3 a was a great start and I think the best way for Google to make more money and put quality phones at great prices in people's hands... I'd like to have both w mid-range and high specs but I understand it's not profitable with the way the other manufacturers do a better job... I do need my wireless charging can they at least throw that in .. plenty of mid range phones out there with additional features and seems Google skips on them ... We can find a happy medium .. I'm happy I got the Pixel 4 though going to keep it this time not giving it in like my 2 XL ..

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Google's Answer To The Apple iPhone SE!
The Pixel 4a is seen as being one of the most promising, exciting new Android phones of this year, thanks to the combination of affordable price and exceptional user experience it is believed to possess. According to the latest information the Pixel 4a will cost just $299 for the base 64GB variant.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Some current rumors suggest that Google is going to ditch motion sense altogether with the Pixel 5. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I have kind of grown used to it, and starting to find it handy....like silencing an alarm.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
We might have the last premium Pixel
That's possible. But I will still probably buy a Pixel 5 next Spring ...if the price is right.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
GOOGLE PIXEL 4A - Unbelievable News!
Google pixel 4a is the upcoming smartphone from google and its set to be incredible. Unlike its flagship releases the pixel 4a aims to bring incredible photography at a much better cost! we have news that we may also be getting a google pixel 4a XL so fans are becoming very excited. In today's video we go through the specs, design, launch & price of the google pixel 4a & pixel 4a XL. We also have an official video and hands on unboxing of both smartphones.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The latest reports for the 4a show a further delay. With the general release being announced in July. But only the Black will be available initially, with the Barely Blue not available until October. That would normally put it right there with the Pixel 5 release, but that could be delayed as well.

Google Pixel 4a release date just leaked — and it's bad news [Update] | Tom's Guide

I've been using an P 3XL since January, and I have to admit that I prefer a smaller form factor phone. I'm looking forward to a phone with the physical dimensions, closer to my Pixel 2, but with a ton more screen real-estate. If the 4a had wireless charging, it would probably be my next phone, otherwise I'm waiting for the P5.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
The latest reports for the 4a show a further delay. With the general release being announced in July. But only the Black will be available initially, with the Barely Blue not available until October. That would normally put it right there with the Pixel 5 release, but that could be delayed as well.

Google Pixel 4a release date just leaked — and it's bad news [Update] | Tom's Guide

I've been using an P 3XL since January, and I have to admit that I prefer a smaller form factor phone. I'm looking forward to a phone with the physical dimensions, closer to my Pixel 2, but with a ton more screen real-estate. If the 4a had wireless charging, it would probably be my next phone, otherwise I'm waiting for the P5.
Let's hope it's battery is sufficient if you wait on the Pixel 5 ...then again they plan on going lower snapdragon so will be helpful..I heard the same about the 4a in July ...screen will be a plus for the smaller phone ...more real estate for sure ...